Perseverance

As Kratos looked upon the ring, he realized all he needs to do was fight the the forces that gnawed his mind. His thoughts now clear. The warrior turned his rage to the remaining hunters against them.

Kratos kept his way through the dungeon. After an hour he found a man mumbling to himself inside what seemed like a cell.

The man then noticed Kratos.

Man: You're the warrior that Zero talked about, aren't you? Definitely need to get this down. 

He said while writing on a notebook.

Kratos: What do you know of that man?

Man: I know he paid for what he's done. I know he doesn't kill directly, but rather watches the target and reports. Those three found this dungeon a while ago, I'm the first they put here. I've been keeping a record. Zero was forced here, too. He was offered a deal, the same they did me once. Unlike me, he took it. And so was released from here. They somewhat liked him, even treated him with respect. Fair. Harsh, but fair.

Kratos: That is no reason to betray your own.

Man: Betrayed his own... Sounds familiar. But he did because of you.

Kratos: I did not ask for his help.

Man: But you received it, nonetheless. Didn't you, warrior? This will make a wonderful addition to the record.

He looked at the man for a moment before sighing and continued his way.

After half an hour, he found himself on a hallway where he saw a woman with a hood.

???: So you killed, Kira, huh? What a shame. No matter. Seems he was right, the only way to take you is by force!

She said as a  bird monster made of energy appeared behind her before flying towards Kratos.

Kratos was able to stop it with his bare hands before rolling with the bird. The bird then bit on Kratos' left arm before slamming him against the wall. Kratos looked at the monster's chest before gripping it as he began to pull on it. After a few moments, the bird started flying back to the woman as Kratos jumped off it as he pulled what looked like an orange stone from the bird. The bird then flew back to the woman.