ten, 𝐢 𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐬 𝐲𝐨𝐮, 𝐢'𝐦 𝐬𝐨𝐫𝐫𝐲

Saige sat down at dinner, completely blocking out the conversations at the dinner table. She didn't have the time to listen to Cam Cameron (as Jeremiah liked to call him) get teased by Jeremiah. She could only replay the last few days in her head. Conrad had been leading her on, while having this 'thing' with Nicole, but then made out with Saige, which she was all confused by. How did he really feel about her? Did she really  mean anything to him? After all these years? Or did he just like to have someone to play with? This summer had really been going to shit, but that's just how her life seemed to be lately. 

"Can I be excused?" The girl asked.

"Wha- what for?" Her mother responded.

"I'm full and I just need to take a walk."

"Everything fine sweetie?" Susannah asked.

"Yeah, I'm fine." Saige's gaze turned to Conrad, she just couldn't help it. And he already had his eyes set on her. Almost as if he was telling her not to go, to stay there, with him.

Saige had set off on her walk, no destination in mind, she just wanted to get away. She put her earbuds in her ears and turned on Gracie Abrams' "I miss you, I'm sorry" , her comfort song. She missed it being simple with Conrad, she missed not getting jealous anytime she saw another girl speak to him, she missed when her and her mother could speak without it being an argument, she missed being best friends with Belly, she missed her parents being together, she missed being innocent, and for everything she did, for whatever horrible thing she's sad out of sadness and anger, she was sorry. 

As she was walking and reminiscing, Saige had started to loose her attention and didn't see the (decently attractive) boy walking on the sidewalk, who also wasn't paying attention. Saige only noticed him when they collided and both fell. 

"Shit, sorry" The boy apologized to her. 

"No, it's my fault, I'm sorry." Saige replied, before looking up, and noticing how attractive the boy was. 

"Let's split the blame 50/50 alright?" The boy answered, making Saige chuckle. 

"Sure." She held out her hand and they shook on it. 

"Do you want to go get ice cream or something?" The boy asked, causing Saige to blush.

"Well I feel like I should get to know your name first."

"Oh, right, right. It's Will."

"Well, Will, my name's Saige."

"It's very nice to meet you Saige, so how about my offer?"

"I guess I could go for some ice cream right now."

"Perfect," Will grinned. 

On their way to the ice cream parlour, Saige got to learn more about this mysterious man, Will. He's from Michigan and plays ice hockey. He also plays baseball in the summer. He's on Honor Roll and plays volleyball for his school. Will plays guitar and can (apparently) sing. He's Saige's age and he has three sisters, one older and two younger. He loves The Smiths, Zach Bryan, and Fleetwood Mac. 

Saige was immeadiatly entranced by him. He was charming, and flirty, and hot. He could express his feelings and he wasn't reserved like Conrad. He was perfect. Saige was falling for him, but a little part of her knew that he wouldn't amount to Conrad. No one, no matter how perfect, would amount to Conrad in Saige's heart, and that broke her. 

"So what about you? I've told you everything, now what about you?" Will asked Saige, while they were sitting outside, ice creams in hand, watching the sunset from the pier.