seven, 𝐡𝐮𝐫𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐬

Saige woke up the next morning with her worst hangover yet. With 13 drinks (she'd had a few after her weird situation at the beach) and a few smokes , you're not going to feel your best the morning after, a lesson which Saige had learned the hard way. She was woken up by the sound of the blender, which contained Jeremiah's "hangover cure". Irritated, she made her way down to the kitchen, not at all excited to see the boy who was causing all this noise. 

Once she was downstairs, she immediately saw Conrad laying down on the couch and made her way over to him. He slowly opened his eyes and seemed like he was going to be angry, but his mood changed once he saw that it was Saige and a grin appeared on his face. He sat up and Saige rested her head in his lap while Jeremiah looked at the pair with disdain and ran the blender once again. 

"For fuck's sake Jere, turn that thing off!" Saige exclaimed, Conrad smirked. 

"Well maybe if you were responsible like me last night, you wouldn't have a problem with the noise." Jeremiah replied and Saige snorted. 

"Hey here, drink this." Jeremiah handed Conrad a cup containing a disgustingly green color. Conrad took a sip and immediately looked as if he was going to be sick.

"Wow, it seems like that is really delicious." Saige laughed at the boy.

"Yeah it actually is. Here try some." Conrad pushed the cup towards Saige as she sat up and leaned away, causing the pair to laugh.

"Yeah no, I'll stick to Advil." Saige managed to slip away and made her way into the kitchen, meeting with Jeremiah. She knew she needed to talk about the night before, he wasn't just going to get out of this. 

"Hey Jere I think that there might be some stuff in my car still, like just some groceries, do you wanna come help me?"

"Why don't you go yourself?" Steven asked his sister rhetorically. 

"No, I think Jeremiah wants to help." 

Saige let Jeremiah lead the way outside, and he wasn't his usual talkative self, he was afraid. 

"I, uh, don't see anything in here." The boy said awkwardly.

"Oh shut up Jere! You know why we're out here!"

"No-, well-"

"Okay just shut up and save it! You'll be quiet and I'll talk then. I don't know why you were so mad last night, if anything Conrad and I should be-"

"Oh so it's already 'you and Conrad'?"

"Oh my God! You're joking! Jere you've never shown an interest in me and I've never been interested in you! It's not that big of a deal!"

"Yes I have! I always do!"

"Oh come on! You're like that with everyone! Belly, my mom, the old ladies at the club! So you like them all too?"

"Sai-"

"No Jere. This is stupid. I'm sorry if you thought that there was something, anything  going on with us, but there's not. I know you've always known that, so why bring it up now?"

"I don't know! Maybe I'm sick of Conrad getting everything I want! Maybe I wanted to be the superstar for once!"

"What the fuck does that even mean!? That I'm some trophy to you!? Because I'm not. Better for you to learn that now than later. I won't be the one to come between you two, alright?" 

Jeremiah got quiet, then spoke. 

"Yeah, okay. I- I'm sorry Sai, you don't deserve to be treated like this. I just- I don't know. I'm sorry."

Saige sighed. She didn't like seeing Jeremiah so sad, but he needed some sense knocked into him. These girls, he can't see them as a trophy or a bargain. 

"Let's just go inside." Saige made her way back in the house. She knows how heartbreaking it is to see someone get the person you wanted, loved. That kind of heartbreak can take over your body, for months on end. But she knew that Jeremiah didn't love her, and that he'd find someone new in no time. It's just how he is, but she still couldn't help but feel sorry for him. It's not easy being compared to your siblings, she knows that from her own experiences, and knows that Jeremiah isn't the Fishers "model child", which is why she does her best to make him feel seen. But God, could he be arrogant sometimes.