Chapter 53: the outcome

It was like an awakening of a giant from his slumber. The walls and floors shook under his growls that send their bones and souls. 'What could he do? Where could he hide?' he stumbled a couple of times as he turned twice over himself trying to figure out what could he do. He never felt this fear, it only appears in front of this son of a deity that can't be tamed. He faced the hard cold wall and lay on it for a second as the footsteps become closer and closer. His breath hitched inside of his lungs as he started to find it hard to breath. Was it cold? Was it hot? Why was he trembling and sweating at the same time? He must have had a cold recently that's it. His thoughts jammed his mind when he tried to find an explanation for his symptoms.

Xavier's instincts and state were so unpredictable. Driven by his urges and desires his wolf had taken half of the wheel of the control. It was highly expectable regarding that shape shifters were the most vulnerable after mating; in way they wanted to keep everybody away from their mate. They hated crowds and they hated the opposite sex more. Those feelings only intensifies the further the person set on the hierarchy ladder. More possessiveness, more carving and more dominance, more from everything changing any stable and sane man into one with issues.

The team leader stood uptight, drown in distress when that door finally opened. Eyes down, bowing uncomfortably with a thirty degree angle. He didn't have the courage to meet him, leading him to stay like that for a while. At first it was something that was tossed from the ground, with an immediate 'bang' sound. Followed soon after with a boomerang audio presenting the breaking of the wood of what was once a door. The man stifled; "it wasn't his heart which got ripped?" he thought while he rummaged his chest looking for holes. Shaken and trembling only to release a silent sigh of relief when he didn't find any injury.

"FOLLOW" an order came thundering pulling him out of his haze. He didn't hesitate even his body moved by its own answering hurriedly "As you wish my lord"

He went after Xavier steps not daring to look forward his head kept bowing down seeing only the alpha's feet moving and the dirty carpet fading. Since the moment he existed that room, everything were weird. The sex scent wafting on the air, this deadly aura that attacked him sucking the air out of his lungs. Along with the aggressiveness that surrounded him bit by bit like a cursed soul. It was like walking on eggshells, he felt like his life was hanging by a thread.

Not only him that were able sense it, with every step Xavier took it was like a spreading fog that sneaked into the heart of everybody present at that place. It started with a small twitch climbing through their backs but with time passing it become like an invisible hand crawling onto their throats and squeezing. They felt their heart gnawing like it was stubbed by a thousand knives. Slowly losing their ability to move and to sense. Trapped inside a magnetic field their minds and five senses become blocked unable to function.

"BRING A CHAIR" he ordered again, gracefully. He didn't had to yell or scream his words came out dignified and powerful enough to resonate through their heads. The team leader stopped and obeyed without a word, hurriedly jogging to bring back the first chair he was able to find and seated it in front of the crowd.

Xavier didn't waste any time, he set directly while he held Elisabeth between his arms. She was wrapped inside a blanket still wearing his shirt. Scared and confused more than the people surrounding them especially that she was the closest to the hurricane eye. Xavier loosened the cover around her a bit exposing her face and shoulders while he covered the rest firmly. His left hand went to pet her head with refine movement, cultivating his emotions in the meanwhile; showing his love for her and his pampering. His other hand stayed by his knees and with his two fingers going back and forth he called for the man who stood behind him.

"My lord" The team leader answered, taking a few steps forward meeting his call.

"BRING THE APLHA" Xavier commended and with a confirming gaze by the team leader the soldiers moved correspondingly dragging the man down the path pushing him to kneel in front of the king.

Every one had their breaths drown, fearful of the outcome that was yet to come. They all set and stood on a land of fire waiting their judgment while the king set on his thrown, glaring at their worthless lives.