Chapter 55: finding home

The alpha had one of his limbs torn apart, his face buried through the dirt splashed by his blood, tears and sweat. The second man announced "answer the question, don't think just let it slip through you that is all will it take to save your mate."

The alpha bit on his lips angry at himself and at these invaders who stole his life, yet he answered trying to buy enough time for a miracle to happen "Yes my lord"

The team leader who stood behind Xavier took two steps ahead and asked "did you ever visit the mountains?" he added nonchalantly "Answer truthfully, don't forget that you are under the domain of the alpha king we will know the moment you lie"

The man understood what he was talking about; the absolute domain of a superior being that was used to contain a lower enemy. A power that was used by alphas to subdue their subject, but never used against another alpha and only referred to on times of revolts or chaos. 'What a dirty move from them' he cursed under his hitched breath. He took his time thinking before he answered.

"Yes, Yes I did" he confirmed. There was no reason to deny he didn't, it was on his land why wouldn't he go.

The Team leader nodded his head in understanding, sensing his sincerity. "Second question, who are you loyal to?" he said this while he smirked from ear to ear feeling that things are starting to become more complicated.

The alpha froze his teeth further sinking through his flesh as he questioned back "What kind of question is this, are you kidding me I always; ALWAYS BEEN LOYAL TO MY KINDOME" he spat with fire dancing through his eyes. His looks of loathing and resentment burned through him shown how unjustly he had been treated.

The team leader only nodded again consenting over his words, however he quickly added "but under whose rule?" completing the second part of his question knocking down the prideful challenging look the alpha shot him. He stammered not knowing how to answer, his chest rose and fell while his eyes looked everywhere searching for some excuse "I am loyal to my king" he threw around immediately "yes.. To my king" he repeated hurriedly as a kind of confirmation.

The team leader didn't contradict him, he only kept standing amusedly in the front and assessing his action. "Well that's true..." he started tilting his head to the side showing his ratting "But is the king you worship is the same king as mine?"

The alpha was cornered he could feel his trembling and stiff body surrender to his coming doom. His mouth opened and closed repeatedly without uttering a single word. He looked down and looked to his sides while his one hand bleed and the only one left dug deep through the ground.

The team leader smiled this time taking a few other steps forward and with such confidence and joy he replied "well you don't have to answer this one" and just like that his hand transformed into paws with long like swords nails. It struck the separate alpha like thunder reaping his hand through his body like a tree who had been sent crawling somewhere under the winds hurdling.

His head had fallen rolling for sometimes over the sand until reached Xavier's feet. It rolled left and right until it fixed in its place hair down and chin up. Blood gurgled nicely like a fountain proving how healthy the alpha have been. And when it stood still Xavier feet hit it hard until it broke through the mansion's wall. He hit him like he was hitting a ball strong with such a precision of a good football player. It hit the cement and broke the skull to the point that all the brain inside has turned into an omelet; one that wasn't delicious enough. His mate wailed on the back ground, mourning her destined man. Her children cried beside her as they sow the inhuman way their father has died with. While the rest of the pack set still holding their breath firmly afraid they will notify anyone with their presence.

Xavier waived his hand again and this time whooshing sound brock the silence on the air. It was the moving of the guns; their targets had been found, full and heavy chambers being jammed through the dark while the metallic rifles are being positioned. Soon after red spots appeared on the forehead of twenty people from the crowd. Before anyone understood what had happened 'Bang, bang, bang' brock the place. The bullets had found their homes.

People moaned tried to take over hiding their heads between their arms. Some looked left and right in panic trying to find who got hit. Children cried and yelled beside their mothers, hoping all of this will end soon. They were even swearing they will behave and do well at school. But what brock them completely, was when those twenty target started to sway and blood gushed through their heads. It started with a few drops many of them didn't even feel the hit nor the bullet going through him. They only realized it when they felt something dropping from above.

Their fingers moving to catch the moving rain drops even though the sky was blue as a see. They rubbed on it trying to whip it clean but it kept coming nonstop. I guess it was a reflection, or simply their body moving under the will to live. But a man held his finger testing the substance and bringing it down to see, only then he knew that it was blood not rain. Like a waves that hit the land after an earthquake, pain and black out hit them next. To fall one after another into the hard cold ground meeting their doom.

The bullets had really found home.