Mare in the Moon - Part 2

Start from the beginning

Twilight sighed before starting her walk over to the earth pony. "Let's get this over with." Spike quickly followed behind her. As Twilight approached the pony she started to introduce herself. "Good afternoon, my name is Twilight Sparkle." The earth pony instantly turned and grabbed hold of Twilights hoof. She started rapidly shaking hoofs with her as she introduced herself. "Well howdy-do miss Twilight, a pleasure makin' your acquaintance. I'm Applejack. We here at Sweet Apple Acres sure do like makin' new friends." "Friends? Actually I..." Twilights voice was shaking because of the rapid hoof shaking. "So, what can I do ya for?" Applejack asked as she pulled away from the hoof shake, both of her hooves landed back down on the ground. Twilights hoof continued to rapidly shake despite the earth pony letting go. Spike grabbed her leg with his claws to stop her hoof from shaking. Twilight set her hoof back down on the ground and look at Spike annoyed as he giggled to himself.

"Ahem." Twilight cleared her throat. "Well, I am in fact here to supervise preparations for the Summer Sun Celebration, and you're in charge of the food?" She asked. "We sure as sugar are. Would you care to sample some?" "As long as it doesn't take too long." Twilight responded as Applejack had already darted off to ring a triangle instrument. She rang the instrument loudly then she yelled, "soups on every pony!!" A heard of earth ponies ran straight towards Twilight and Spike. They ran through causing Twilight and Spike to be pushed forcefully to a table to taste test the food. Applejack suddenly rose up next to Spike at the table. "Now, why don't I introduce y'all to the Apple family?" Applejack smiled while motioning towards the group of earth ponies that were now surrounding them in all different directions. "Thanks but I really need to hurry—" Before Twilight could finish her sentence, she was interrupted by Applejack who started to introduce the Apple family.

"This here's Apple Fritter, Apple Bumpkin, Red Gala, Red Delicious, Golden Delicious, Caramel Apple, Apple Strudel, Apple Tart, Baked Apples, Apple Brioche, Apple Cinnamon Crisp." She takes a deep breath in before continuing. "Big McIntosh, Apple Bloom, and..." Applejack shoves a green apple into Twilights mouth making her eat it. "Granny Smith. Up'n'attem Granny Smith, we got guests." An old earth pony was sitting on a rocking chair, rocking back and forth. After hearing Applejack say her name, she woke up a bit confused. "Wha? Soups up? I'm up. Here I come, ahm comin" The old pony stood up and weakly walked over to where the ponies were all standing.

Applejack put her front hoof around Twilights shoulders, as Twilight was still chewing the apple. "Why, I'd say, you're already part of the family." Applejack said with a smile. Twilight immediately spit out the apple that she still had not finished chewing then Applejack took her hoof away from the unicorn. Twilight laughed nervously before saying, "okay, well, I can see the food situation is handled, so we'll be on our way." "Aren't you gonna stay for brunch?" Twilight looked down to see a very young filly with sad eyes, begging her to stay for brunch. "Sorry, but we have an awful lot to do." Twilight responded calmly. "Aww..." The Apple family around her said in unison as they all became sad. Twilight looked at all of their sad expressions, they were making her feel guilty about leaving. She eventually gave in, "fine." The Apple family all cheered around her happily that she was going to stay for brunch.

Sometime later after brunch, Twilight and Spike had left Sweet Apple Acres and were making their way down Ponyville. "Food's all taken care of. Next is weather." Spike said while holding his scroll checklist as he walked next to Twilight. The purple unicorn groaned as she walked forward. "I ate too much pie." She said as she lowered her head. Spike looked around up at the sky, "hmm, there's supposed to be a pegasus pony named Rainbow Dash clearing the clouds." Twilight looked up at the sky and she noticed that there were still plenty of clouds up in the sky. "Well, she's not doing a very good job, is she?"