Chapter 1

Leaving Home...

Danielle was just packing her suitcase when suddenly her twin, Danie barged in. "You done packing?", he asked.

Rolling her eyes, Danielle retorted, "Do you not have eyes?" "Of course, she wouldn't miss a chance to be sassy", thought Danie. "Mom's calling for dinner, hurry up" said Danie and left. With her pajamas that accentuated her curvy body and her curly hazel hair tied in a bun, she exited her room and headed to the dining hall to see her family already seated.

"Hey, fam!" Danielle greeted as she settled into her seat, only to be met with her father's solemn expression. "You're leaving for somewhere far", he stated gravely. Surprised by the weight of her departure on her family, Danielle silently chewed her dinner, feeling a pang of guilt.

Her mother's melancholic tone broke the silence, "She has to leave someday, you know." Danie attempted to lighten the mood but only evoked a wave of emotions from their mother. Excusing herself, Danielle retreated to her room, preparing for the big day ahead.

. ݁₊ ⊹ . ݁ ⟡ ݁ . ⊹ ₊ ݁. ݁₊ ⊹ . ݁ ⟡ ݁ . ⊹ ₊ ݁.

The next morning, Danielle was ready to leave for Canada. She was up before the crack of dawn, anticipation coursing through her veins. She dressed in an ensemble that complemented her caramel complexion, her hazel eyes gleaming with determination. She put on light makeup since she had to sit on the plane for hours and, with her suitcase ready, she exited the room. The anticipation of her impending departure weighed on Danielle's mind as she made her way to the breakfast table the next morning, the familiar scent of her favorite pancakes offering a bittersweet comfort.

Despite her excitement, a tinge of sadness lingered as she savored her favorite chocolate spread on pancakes. "Do not get nervous or sad", she kept murmuring to herself until she was interrupted by her mother. "Remember to call me once you have boarded the plane. It will be fine, don't be nervous", her mother urged gently. "Thanks, mama, I'll make sure to call", replied Danielle, getting ready to leave.

. ݁₊ ⊹ . ݁ ⟡ ݁ . ⊹ ₊ ݁. ݁₊ ⊹ . ݁ ⟡ ݁ . ⊹ ₊ ݁.