"Kya hua damadji, kuchh problem Hui hai kya. Simran ne kuchh Kiya? Dekhiye Ab woh aapki hai. Aap jaise chahe usse handle kare. Hume koi problem nahi hai. Agar kuchh galati ki hai toh daant do, do-chaar thappad laga do. Lekin please..."

("What happened, son-in-law, is there any problem? Did Simran do something? See now she is yours. You can handle the way you want. We don't have any problems. If she had made some mistake then you can scold her or give her two- three slaps. But please...")

"Uncle... It's.. it's nothing like what you are thinking. If you have time please come here, we'll talk then." Abhay said with a sigh as he knew Rajiv would talk like this only and that's why he didn't want to call him.

"And one more thing, as you said she is mine. And I will handle her the way I want." Abhay said in his firm tone and cut the call leaving Rajiv and everyone confused who was listening to him on both the sides.

"Abhay, kya hua? Aise kyu baat kar raha tha?" Ahana asked seeing anger on his face.

("Abhay, what happened? Why were you talking like that?")

Abhay just shook his head and sat on the bench there with his head in his hands. Sonali walked to him and caressed his back trying to relax him.

But right now only one thing can relax him, that is His Jaan. He felt something off with her since last few days but he didn't give it much thought or maybe thought that she would tell him herself if it would be important. But now he knows, he can't trust her. Especially when it comes to her own health. As she can take care of anything and everything but not of herself.

Everyone was silently praying for Simran's well being. No one even blinked their eyes for the whole night. It was three or something in the morning, when the door opening sound caught their attention. Abhay and Sonali stood up and everyone walked towards the doctor who came out looking relaxed.

"Doctor, how's my wife? She is fine, right?" Abhay asked urgently.

"Relax, Mr..."

"Abhay."

"Yes, Mr. Abhay. Don't worry. We have successfully removed the appendix. Your wife is perfectly fine now." The doctor said making everyone sigh in relief. Abhay joined his hands looking upwards, thanking God.

"Hey Mahadev, shukra hai tera. Meri bacchi ab thik hai." Ahana said sitting with her joining hands, thankful to God.

("Hey lord Shiva, Thanks to you. My daughter is fine now.")

"Can we meet her." Ekaksh asked eagerly standing beside Abhay.

"Umm... Not yet. Actually right now she is unconscious and under the effect of sedatives. After two hours, we'll shift her to the general ward then you can meet her." The doctor informed and was about to leave when Abhay requested.

"Please Doctor, can I meet her once just for five minutes." Abhay requested with such a vulnerable voice that the doctor couldn't deny it.

"But she is still unconscious."

"I won't disturb her, I promise." He requested again to which the doctor couldn't help but nod in yes.

The doctor left after asking a ward boy to give Abhay scrubs to wear. Abhay wore it and immediately dashed to her room.

He felt himself going numb when he saw Simran in the hospital bed with those wires attached to her.

He gulped and walked towards her with heavy steps and his heart beating nervously.