【CHAPTER 11: DUSTIN】

Father & Son

     THE dazzling light coming from the glass window reflected my eyes. Slowly, I opened my eyes and stared at the pristine rays of the sun— the new chances of beginnings.

A sigh of relief slipped on my lips before I rolled to my side. From here, I have the sight of the grey crib. The small man lying inside the crib is wide awake. He was trying to reach the toys hanging on the crib using his tiny hands. Napangiti ako sa nasaksihan. Bumangon na ako at inayos ang kama.

Then, I walked towards his way, gently picked him up and cradled him in my arms. He fusses when he's in my arms, but I just kiss his forehead gently. Then, he stopped fussing and started babbling as his tiny hands were on his lips.

Ngumisi ako at dahan-dahan siyang inilapag sa aking kama. Then, I started making his milk. Thunder doesn't like drinking formula, so I had no choice but to look for a sale breastfeeding milk.

Fifteen weeks of breastfeeding, and Ashiro Thunder is now 22 pounds with rolled arms and squishable legs. Naging triple ang laki at timbang niya simula nang dumating siya sa akin. From being malnourished, his weight became normal despite looking so chunky.

I'm thankful to Ate Kelsea for helping me find a trusted and sterile breastfeed milk.

When I finished feeding and burping him, I started arranging his outfit for the day. Sinimulan ko na rin asikasuhin ang panligo niya. Si Thunder na ang una kong pinaliguan bago ako sumunod. Nang matapos ako maligo ay nagbihis na ako.

I came out of the walking closet and found my son crying. Napahinto ako at humilig saglit sa dingding habang naka-krus ang mga braso sa dibdib. My lips parted when I caught him grabbing a handful of the dancing cactus toy in his small fist before punching the poor toy.

When the toy fell, it made some noise, causing Thunder to be startled and whine. I took a deep breath, and the slated air filled my nose. Umahon ako mula sa pagkakasandal at lumapit sa crib. I reached for him and cradled him in my chest. Pinunasan ko rin ang luha sa mga mata niya.

"You have a future in boxing, bud," I commented, and the innocent baby just babbled, revealing his dimple.

The baby diaper was already on my shoulder while Thunder was in the baby carrier. Aalis kasi kami ngayon dahil sa dalawang dahilan; we're celebrating the legality of his name, and he's going to have his monthly shoot.

Thunder has a monthly shoot that was suggested by ate Kelsea. The theme of his first-month shoot was Noah's ark, where he was riding a small boat. Fake waves and animals surrounded him in the background. In his second month, he dressed up like a cupid, and in his third time, it was a beach shoot where he was sitting in a black folded chair wearing sunglasses.

Today was his fourth-month shoot, and the theme is the galaxy. He will be wearing a white spacesuit. Kapatid ni Klinn ang photographer na pinakilala sa akin ni ate Kelsea kaya magkikita-kita kami nina Jethro at Klinn ngayon sa studio ng ate niya. Pare-pareho naman naming day off ngayong araw.

When we got to the studio, Klinn and Jethro were already outside, waiting for us. Parehong nakaupo sa bench na nasa tapat ng studio sina Jethro at Klinn.

"Dustin! Baby Ashiro!"

Sumimangot ako nang imbes na sa akin, sa anak ko sila unang bumati. Pinagtawanan ako ng dalawa nang makita ang reaksyon ko.

"Ito namang si daddy Dustin, tamporurut agad!" biro ni Jethro kaya binatukan ko siya.

Pagpasok namin sa loob ng studio ay inasikaso agad kami. Naka-set up na ang lahat kaya binihisan ko na si Thunder at nang matapos, binuhat ko na siya papunta sa backdrop set-up.