𝗍𝗋𝖺𝗂𝗍𝗈𝗋𝗌 𝗍𝗈 𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝖾𝗆𝗉𝗂𝗋𝖾

𝖠𝖼𝗍 𝖥𝗂𝗏𝖾.

══ ·∙ ༒ ∙· ══

Onderon had not been what they thought it would be

Onderon had not been what they thought it would be. Hunter led the squad through the dark underbrush, the nightly sounds of the jungle echoing about them. His mind whirled. The insurgents were not insurgents, but rather children, mothers, fathers, people of age, people who could not fend for themselves...

How could it be the Empire sought to murder the lives of innocents?

"At least with the Republic we knew where we stood," Tech opined as the Marauder came into view. "Tarkin and this Empire are a whole different story."

Crosshair pushed his way forward. "Why are we debating this? We need to complete the mission," he sneered.

"Wake up, Crosshair," Echo snapped. He was angered Crosshair would even consider going through with the mission. Just like on Kaller. Just like what he did to Talia... "They sent us to eliminate innocent civilians."

"Who said they're innocent?" Crosshair sneered, getting dangerously close to his face.

Hunter whirled on them. "What's wrong with you?"

Crosshair faced him, a dark look enhanced by the even darker shadows on his face. "Me? I'm following orders."

"Exactly," Hunter snapped.

Crosshair advanced, invading his personal space with a threatening glare. "Those insurgents are plotting against the Emperor. If you don't have the stomach to do what needs to be done, then you're not fit to lead this squad."

The rift was now a canyon, gaping further wide. The two comrades crossed eyes aggressively, neither backing down. Until Hunter's gaze flashed to the side, sensing movement among the underbrush. His blaster pistol was in its holster one moment, and the very next, raised to a point among the trees and vines.

A single blast was fired and a metal crash followed. Crosshair eyed the weapon by his head and they both looked back at one another.

Hunter glowered. "We're being followed."

He brushed past him, purposefully knocking shoulders as he went. Crosshair scowled.

Tech was the first to follow. "That is a probe droid," he said.

"Tarkin's spying on us now?" Wrecker asked.

"The Jedi never did that," Echo pointed out with a glare Crosshair's way.

The marksman sneered. "Not that you know of."

At the mention of Jedi, Hunter's heart stopped. Jedi. Omega had mentioned a Jedi. A Jedi captured on Kaller. He could deny it no longer, Talia was alive, somewhere on Kamino. His heart raced, fear taking hold of him for the very first time.