A Meeting With Stolas

Y/N POV

I sat outside the doors that lead into Stolas' office, patiently waiting for him to be ready for our meeting.

To get this meeting arranged, I had texted Octavia. She was too happy to get her father to meet with me while she and Loona hung out.

I heard one of the two doors to Stolas' office open and looked up to see an imp poke his head out. "Prince Stolas is ready for you, sir," Said the imp.

I nodded and stood up, then walked over to the door the imp was holding open, and proceeded through them.

The imp leads me down a hallway with Goetia statues on either side, along with a few other decorative pieces. The hallway led to a massive room with a desk in the center. Behind the desk was a massive window with intricate designs etched into the glass.

Stolas sat at the desk, waiting patiently for me. After pulling a chair out for me, the imp left the room, leaving Stolas and me to talk privately.

I sat on the chair and opened my mouth to speak, however, Stolas cut me off before any words could exit my mouth. "Just to be clear, you're not going to marry my daughter. I refuse to put her in the same situation I was put in. Thus, I will do whatever it takes to ensure she is not forced into a marriage, even if it means killing you,"

My core tightened as I felt a spike of adrenaline from the sincerity of his threat. However, I brushed the threat off. I understood why he made it and I could respect him for it. After all, who would want their daughter to be forced into a marriage they don't want to be in, especially having experienced it?

"That's part of the reason I am here actually. And before you say anything more, I'm not gonna ask for her hand in marriage or whatever. I'm not interested in her in the slightest," I quickly explained, not wishing to fight the avian demon that I came to convince to join me. "I came because I need your help,"

To this, Stolas raised an eyebrow and tilted his head to the side. "Oh?" He questioned.

"You've been around long enough to understand that my father, Vitiate, gets what he wants. If he can't talk his way into getting it, he'll do it by force. This being the case, I think we both know that while he lives, he'll do everything in his power to force me and Octavia to marry. If anything, he is more motivated now that I have escaped, because he feelsl ego-challenged," I explained.

Stolas scoffed in response. "What, you suggest we kill him? Do you know who we're talking about?" He replied.

"Precisely," I stated. "And yes, I know exactly who we're talking about. I've seen how powerful he is," I replied.

"You're mad if you think I am powerful enough to even scratch the Scarlet King. While I am a powerful prince of hell, the Scarlet King is one of the most powerful beings to ever exist. He has slain a deadly sin, countless angels, and single-handedly laid waste to whole armies," Stolas said, baffled at such a proposal.

"Sure, you alone could do little to stop him. But if you, your father Paimon, and my grandmother Beelzebub all fight him together, we can win. Yes, my father is strong, but I don't think he is powerful enough to take on three of the most powerful beings in hell," I pressed.

Stolas shifted in his chair, thinking for a moment about my words. "Bold of you to assume my father would want any part in this," Stolas remarked.

"My father and Paimon have a long-standing rivalry. Paimon was Satan's hand until my father stole that spot from him. My father is also the reason that he wears a mask," I explained.

"What do you mean?" Stolas asked, confused.

"Which part?" I replied with a question of my own, confused as to which part of my explanation was confusing.