Dream...

Hoshi shot up from his futon. He thought back to his previous dream and his face turned red. He kept having dreams and thoughts like that. Almost no light was in his room, since it was about midnight. It was earlier that day when she told him her backstory. Now, his mind turned it into fuel for his dreams.

He couldn't tell if they were dreams or nightmares. He has known Aiko for a while, but was it long enough to catch feelings? He didn't know how to cope with what his mind was telling him. Why did he keep thinking like this. He knew she didn't feel the same, so why did he want to say those three words?

He heard rustling and something touched his side. His hand rushed to his side and he looked at what it was. It's just her. Wait! Aiko was right next to him in his futon. He saw another futon further to his left. His futon was of the very top right corner of his room.

He thought about the events of earlier. Instead of confessing like what happened in his dream. He just hugged her like the simp he was. She started to cry on his shoulder until she fell asleep. Hoshi decided to just let her sleep in his room. On separate futons, of course. So he got the one from her room and set it up. He managed to get her in it and tuck her in without waking her up.  It seems like sometime earlier she rolled into his futon.

Back in the present, he got up and left the room. He was hungry, so he was going to get a snack. After he rolled his door shut, he snuck through halls. Something he realized was that he knew this place. He knew where not to step, because it would make noise. He knew where to turn to get to the kitchen. He knew the halls better than most. When he reached the kitchen, he knew where to go to get an orange. He knew that citrus is one of those things that he could deal with, even in the middle of the night.

He knew where to hide if someone came in the kitchen. He knew how to get back. He knew, that his is his home. He was passing Aoi's room when her door flew open. He jumped back in surprise.

"Hoshi! What are you doing up?" Aoi whisper yelled

"I was hungry, I should be getting back now." He whispered back as he tried to escape from her scolding. Aoi grabbed him by his shirt.

"Don't even try! I thought we talked about this! Stop eating in the middle of the night!"

"But I'm hungry!" He whined.

"I don't care! It's way to late! Give me the orange." She scolded him.

"But-"

"No buts, give it." Aoi was scary. She took his fruit and let him go back to his room. 

He shuffled away sadly. Hoshi knew she was right, it's probably not healthy to eat an orange at midnight. But he was hungry! Why did she have to be so mean? He opened his door and saw Aiko back in her futon. He climbed into his and tried to fall asleep. Right as he was about to...

He felt something warm press against his back. He strained his head to see what it was. Just as he expected. It was the ever clingy sleeper, Aiko. I'm actually kinda tired. To much to move. If she asks in the morning, it was her fault.

*Inset time skip here*

Aiko woke up first. She noticed that she was pressed against something. She tried to get up, but something was holding her hand in place. Instead of panicking, she looked around and recognized Hoshi's room. She looked at what she was pressed against and saw Hoshi himself.

Hoshi started to wake up. He felt something wrapped around his hand. He sat up and looked around. Then he locked eyes with Aiko.

"Morning Aiko." He said, oblivious like always. He noticed her face turned bright red.

"Y-your hand is warm." She managed to say. Hoshi looked at his hand, and saw her hand in his.

"I guess, also, fun fact, oranges taste good late at night." He said. He's a dumbass. Aiko thought. "How did you sleep?"

"G-good. Um, so why are we holding hands?" Aiko asked.

"Oh. I don't know, but did you know you get clingy when you sleep? I woke up around midnight and I found you pressed against me."

"Oh, s-so this was my doing. Cool." Hoshi let go of her hand and stood up.

"Well, I have a mission to get to. See you later." Hoshi grabs his slayer uniform and changes in the bathroom. He puts on his haori and grabs his sword. With that, he sets of for the mugen train.

This marks the end of season 1 of If I Was In Demon Slayer (IIWIDS). Also, the time it takes for the Kamaboko squad to get to the train is unknown so I let Hoshi get some sleep. Have a good one.