THE HIDDEN TRUTH

I hear a knock on my bedroom door. I open it up to see Becca.
"What do you want." I say annoyed. "I'm trying to study."
"Yeah as If you ever would." Becca says in a sassy tone. I narrow my eyes at her. "Ok so basically you know Jess."
"Yes, why?" I say growing impatient.
"Well I wanted to go to the little kilton fair and-"
"You know your not allowed anywhere without mom and dad, if that's what your trying to say."
Ever since Mom and Dad found out Becca was self harming, she's been going to therapy and they all agreed that she shouldn't go anywhere without mom or dad.
I don't know why Becca ever started self harming, she didn't need too. But dad always had a way of making me and Becca insecure about something.
He made a joke about my nose and now I want to get a nose job. He doesn't seem to care how what he says makes us feel, he just plays it off as a joke.
I didn't get into this college I wanted to get into and I came down the stairs crying. Dad said I was only going to college to get hot guys with money.
I really needed this and he didn't even show any sympathy.
I don't think I really hated him that much until that moment. He knew how much I needed this.
Mom is more supportive, but she's also timid around him, so whenever me and dad get into an argument she'll agree with dad and tell me to go to my room.
I'm honestly sick of him.
And now he's cheated on mom.
My family is so fucking ridiculous.
"Please. I never get to go out with my friends any more-" Becca starts.
"Friends?" I say, "you have one friend."
"Shut up Andie, I don't know why I came to you for help, your such a bitch."
"Yeah I don't know why you came to me either," I say "now go cry to your stuffed animals, I'm busy." And I slam the door in her face.
I sit back down at my desk and look at my text book. I don't understand any of it and I'm too stubborn to ask for help. I mean what is Pythagorus theorem.
I throw my book across the room in anger and FaceTime Sal.
"Hey babe" I say, "what are you doing."
"Im coo- ing- ood"he says, moving around in zigzag patterns on my screen. He must not have any internet. I told him he needs to get a new phone. That one's like 3 years old now and whenever I message him it doesn't send until half an hour later and we have huge arguments about it, even though he just needs to get a new damn phone. I hang up, I walk over to my bed and lie down.
Why does my life have to suck so much.
I mean who's got a family as embarrassing as mine. Mom and dad try to make it look like we're perfect but we're not.
My friends aren't really friends, I think of them more as minions.
Sal has his life put together and never has time for me. I have such a shitty life.
"Andie, Becca!" I hear mom shout from down the stairs. "Dinners ready."
I walk out my room and instantly know we're having spaghetti. Thank god, that's one good thing that's happened today.
I walk into the kitchen and sit at my usual place. I start eating and the taste is amazing.
"So mom" Becca says, " I was wondering if I could do something."
"Do what, sweetie" mom says in a wary tone.
"Well, you know how Jess Is my best friend." Becca says.
I decide to interrupt, it will be too long and painful to watch Becca try and sneak around the intensity of what she's asking.
"She wants to go the Kilton fair With Jess." I say twirling the spaghetti around on my fork before putting it in my mouth.
"Fuck off Andie" she says angrily.
"What? Isn't that what you were going to say."
"Mom please, you have no idea how much this means to me." Becca pleads.
Pathetic.
If she was smart she'd sneak out the house without mom or dad knowing. She's stupid to think they'll say yes.
"Absolutely not," I hear dad say across from me.
"I didn't ask you, I asked mom," Becca says.
I don't know why she think who she asked matters. Dad makes all the decisions, it's not like mom will get a say in it. Becca doesn't like him either. He's so strange, the way he talks to us all. When I go round to Emma or Chloe's house there dad is relatively normal.
"Well I'm sure your mother would agree with me", he says, "right Dawn."
"Yes, sweetie I don't think it would be a good idea, me and dad aren't comfortable with that."
"You and dad, or just dad," Becca says standing up.
"Sit down now, Becca, don't make me ground you." Dad says.
"Oh my god your both ridiculous" she shouts, "the only reason mom said no is because you barged into the conversation, because your a controlling asshole"
"That's enough!" Dad's shouting now. "You won't be going anywhere now, not even down the stairs."
"Jason calm down," mom says in a soft tone.
I hear a train whistle come from my phone.
It's Sal. Finally he's responded, he says he can call now.
I decide to go into the lounge where people aren't shouting and phone him.
"Hello" i say, making sure he knows I'm angry.
"Hey I'm sorry, I was cooking for my family." He says. Usually I'd have a hissy fit, but I'm too tired.
"Yeah, it's fine whatever, what are you up too now." I say. He starts talking but the tv is too loud.
"One sec, my tv is really loud, I didn't get that."  I say, and then pause when I see a face I recognise on the screen. A women named Julia Hunter has been murdered. At the bottom of the screen it says: DT killer has striked again killing 24 year old Julia Hunter, his identity remains a mystery.
This women looks exactly like the one my dad was with when I came in and caught him cheating on mom.
Wait. No. It's not possible.
There's no way he's the DT killer, that would be insane.
"Hey Sal, I'm going to have to call you back." I say.
"Oh, yeah, ok sure are you alright?"
"Yeah, yeah, I just have to do something, I'll call you later." I say quickly and then hang up on him. I walk back into the kitchen, noticing Becca isn't there anymore and mom and dad having what looks like a serious conversation. What do I ask him though.
' "hey dad so I know you cheated on mom with this girl names Julia Hunter who is now dead, I was just wondering if you were the DT killer."'. I decide to ask him where he was and play it off as curiosity.
"Hey dad, where were you the other night." I say, trying to sound casual.
"I was running some work errands, why?" He says suspiciously.
Lie. I know this is a lie. Because he'd said that he was going out to get drinks with Dan Da Silva.
"Ok, cool, just curious." I say and run up stairs.
I have Dan's phone number as he's close to the family. I phone him.
"Hello?" He says.
"Hey, Daniel, it's Andie." I say, and then I remeber what happened at school. How I told Nat that I'd slept with Daniel. I hope that bitch didn't say anything or she'll ruin everything.
"Oh, hey, Andie you're dad just messaged, saying we should go out for a beer next week, two Bells in 10 minutes." He said, attempting a crappy joke, but at least it means he doesn't know about what happened at school. "So why'd you call."
"I uh, I just need to know if you were with my dad the other day." I say.
"Uh, no I haven't seen your Dad in a while, why did he say we were."
"No, no, hey could you do me a favour and not tell my dad about this conversation, I can't tell you why, but please." I say, trying to sound less desperate.
"Yeah, sure, if that's what you want, Is everyone ok." He says. I really don't have time for small talk. Yeah everyone's ok, I've got to go, but thanks for letting me know." And I hang up.
My dad is the DT killer.
Jason Bell is the DT killer.
The DT killer is my dad.
The DT killer is Jason Bell.
And I'm the only one apart from him, that knows.
—————————————————————————-
A/N
This is her finding out her dad is the DT killer, I added on some things, like her calling Dan to see if her suspicions were right and they were but yeah. The next chapter she's going to try and understand idrk. Thanks for making it to the end of this chapter.