8 rewrite

"Hey Benny, want to stay over? My mom's got a late shift and won't be back till tomorrow morning," you offer as you tidy up the living room, still reeling from the boys' voracious appetite for ice cream. "They eat like they've never seen the stuff," you mutter, scrubbing at a stubborn stain on the couch.

"Yeah, why not? Let me go change, I'll be right back," Benny replies, finishing up with the bowls from the ice cream feast. "I'll be back."

"I'll be in my room, waiting," you call after him as he heads towards the front door.After quickly changing into your PJs, you hear a familiar knock on your window. Opening it, you let Benny in, knowing your aversion to open windows—can't risk a mosquito invasion.

"Do you think we'll get married and have kids, Cielo?" Benny asks, walking over to your bed and taking your hand."Married and kids? Do you want that?" you ask, surprised by his question."Yeah, I do. I want that with you," he replies earnestly."Alright then, let's do it," you respond with a smile."Will you marry me?" Benny asks, his eyes full of love as you both settle into bed.

"Benny, not right now. Maybe when we're 20, after we finish high school and college," you say, noticing the disappointment in his eyes. As much as you'd love to marry him, practicality comes first.

"Right," he murmurs sadly, turning away from you. His reaction catches you off guard—was he upset?"Benny, don't be like that. I'm sorry I said no, but it's the truth," you say, attempting to turn him towards you, but his ballplayer shoulders remain firm.

"You can't marry me right now. You have a future ahead of you. You're going to be a great baseball player. Maybe not the best, but close. To be the best, you have to finish high school and get a college scholarship. Maybe even UCLA. Benny, I love you. I've loved you since we were kids. But marrying me now would only hold you back. Know this, when you're playing for the LA Dodgers and winning, I'll be there, waiting for you," you say softly, resting your head on his shoulder, waiting for his response.

As you finish, the room falls silent, the only sound the faint hum of the outside world. Benny takes a moment to digest your words before turning to you, his expression softening.

"Cielo," he begins, his voice gentle, "I didn't mean to make you think I'm upset. I just... I love you so much, and the idea of being with you forever, just feels right, you know?"

You nod, understanding his emotions. "I know, Benny. And I love you too. But right now, we need to focus on our futures. We have dreams to chase."

Benny sighs, running a hand through his hair. "You're right. I know you're right. It's just tough sometimes, thinking about what I want and not having it right now."

You reach out, intertwining your fingers with his. "I know it's hard, but we'll get there, Benny. Together. We'll support each other every step of the way."

A small smile graces Benny's lips as he squeezes your hand gently. "Yeah, together," he echoes, his eyes meeting yours with determination.

In that moment, you both know that whatever the future holds, as long as you have each other, you can conquer anything. With renewed hope and a shared sense of purpose, you settle into bed, ready to face whatever tomorrow brings, together.

So I made two chapters 8 because I didn't like the first one so I'm going to let you all vote in the chat!