Departure and Arrival

Today was the day of departure, to head to say-Khanoum and stop the Abyss' plans to do with the Wyvern's 'organs' or 'body', both being in a spiritual state. Sounds simple enough right?
.
.
.
.
.
"Stay safe, I want everyone coming back alive. The ruins are dangerous alone, not mentioning the Abyss being present." Nahida noted to the group, Deshret nodding, Dehya letting out a chuckle, the rest pretty much silent. "The festivities have been welcoming, Kusanali, I and my people greatly appreciated being invited but we must return home. May we speak again soon." The king noted, giving gesture to the caravan of people on horses and those on foot to start going forward with this journey.
.
.
.
.
.
"We rest here for tonight everyone, set up the tents." Deshret commanded as the they had reached a mile out of the Caravan Ribit, having to take a detour after it seemed their old path had collapsed into the sand, which wasn't helpful. It also wasn't helpful that have the people traveling were drunk as most of them started drinking, forgetting who they're traveling with and of who's meant to be respected on account of the festivities that had commenced the past 15 days.

"You're seriously going to just sleep on the sand with just your bag?" Dehya deadpanned as she saw you laying on the sands with your head on a bag. "I'm pretty sure that's just Y/N for you." Aether said, pointing at you and then at a passed out Paimon also on the sand with her head propped up on Aether's bag. "Now I see why that little fairy and the scholar get along." Dehya said, going over to where Candace was.

"Apologies if the others have been a handful, your highness." The blue haired woman said to her king who let out a warm chuckle. "It is quite alright, they have been much better than the few people who have fallen drunk." Deshret said. "Uhh, sorry to interrupt but do we have an extra tent? Preferably one Y/N size?" The merc said, Candace shaking her head no one her side.

While Deshret seemed to space out before noting, "they may lay with I tonight."

Everyone now in their tents, you in Deshret's, Candace and Dehya sharing a tent, and Aether, Paimon, and Cyno sharing one. You were too tired to give a shit where you slept, and oddly enough the desert sands felt more homey than the forest. One means they always have, like a burning flame of passion for the place you barely visited due to being a scholar. It would make sense regarding you were born there, though it feels like you've been here forever all of a sudden.

"If I snore be free to kick me out, the sand is comfier." You grumbled, Deshret nudging you in annoyance as he was already about out. "...ever going to answer my question? And trust me, I know you remember it." You noted bluntly, rolling from your side onto your back, glaring at the god who only pulled the thin but warm blanket you two were using, over his face.

"Is this bitch ignoring me?" You thought to yourself, rolling your eyes and laying back down. A scholar's will you had, a will rivaling gods, being literal in a sense since after the Sokoku decree was abolished you traveled to Inazuma and spoke with the Raiden Shogun, personal up close with Ei since Aether had accompanied you for the journey. So this wasn't a first, you just had to find a weak point to make him crumble, then you'd get the answers you want.

You as a scholar, under Nahida's mentoring since she was freed, have focused your whole life on the gods and Celestia and when Nahida was freed, that was the moment to start sending in everything you've known. No god is to be left unchecked, no matter the circumstances. Though, that could wait for morning.
.
.
.
.
.
"Why does is feel like it got twenty times hotter...?" You mumbled, rubbing your eyes and letting out a still tired yawn. You tried pushing yourself up, only to hear a couple of mumbles along the lines of 'nooo' or 'don't got yet..' Who would have thought the King of the desert, Al Ahmar; lord of the blazing suns, could be one to cling onto people fast (also being whiny). "What the ever living fuck." You mumbled, pushing away the arms that clung around your waist, only to feel a weight shift on top of you. "You gods are hell, aside from Nahida." You said to yourself, seeing the bare sliver of daylight through the barely open tent view.
.
.
.
.
.
It took at least four more hours on top of the two hours to get everything packed up and thirty minutes to wake Deshret up completely from; and in literal to what he thought but his pride would never let him say, "the most gratifying sleep since the cataclysm." Finally arriving at Ay-Khanoum. The city was beautiful, and you and the others had some time to kill as the plan would be put into play within a day of now, so what did you do?

"The things I would do to get these books in my home." You noted in awe, currently in a library filled with scrolls and ancient texts to the brim. Oh this was a treasure trove of information! "You sure your husband got the all clear?" You said to Nianako, who chuckled and nodded. She knew this was to be of you, and getting her husband; an advisor of Deshret, had gotten the two of you access to the archives.

A/n: kind of just a filler chapter till we get into the juicy pot we all love. And posting this early cus fuck it, we ball. My sleep schedule is already fucked so I'll just work on the next chapter for a couple nights so we can post on Friday :)
Good morning/evening/night, ladies and gents. May your words echo throughout the cold desert nights of Ay-Khanoum and be heard as the death warrant for those who wish to daft High Rift!