'I'm much faster than them, so I'm not going to worry about them getting too far away.'

He decided to start with the closest one to him, which was the gang member he had already knocked down. Matt sped toward him, grabbed his top and bottom, and spun him horizontally, causing him to fly a few feet, flipping head over heel.

The man wiped out onto the ground and the quest marker updated once again.

[6/9]

Next, he flew toward the two that were running behind Ned and simply slammed them into each other with both hands. Sadly they had been running close together, so it was simple. They both collapsed and the quest updated once more.

[8/9]

Ned had heard the sound of one of his comrade's footsteps stop as he heard a thump against the ground behind him. From Matt's perspective, it was just a quest, and he knew he wasn't harming them. But from Ned's view, he was in a horror movie and in this moment he assumed everyone Matt had taken out was dead.

Ned looked back and saw a dark figure like a demon grab the two last men and smash them into each other like he was closing a book. Ned was crying and running like a baby deer.

"Mommy!"

Ned had reverted to his base instincts and put on a shameful display. Calling out to his mother who wasn't even there like a child. Matt just stood there and watched as he ran.

'Sorry man. Gotta finish the quest.'

He knew that after this, there was no way his identity was safe. He just hoped the thugs wouldn't tell a system user, though he doubted they knew a system user or knew what a system was. But it was always possible the word could spread.

'I'm not a killer though, so it'll have to do.'

He had needed to get stronger anyway, so it didn't matter. He was just on a time limit now. He never liked lying or being secretive either, so he was fine with being known, as long as he had the ability to fight off anyone who attempted to take him down.

'Looks like I'm going to be busy.'

He casually drifted over to Ned and gave him a good smack, causing him to fly a few feet and faceplanting onto the ground. Matt wasn't sure how the quest counted as a defeat since he knew they weren't unconscious. Using force to knock someone unconscious was dangerous and potentially lethal, so he tried to avoid that during this fight.

'It's probably if they lost their will to fight, and are taken down.'

He saw Ned trembling on the ground as his quest updated again.

__________

[Quest Complete]

Defeat Ned's group [9/9]

+1 Skill Shard, +5 Unassigned Stat Points, +60xp [XP 124/172]

__________

-

-

-

-

-

__________

||Stats||

Name: Matt Peterson

Age: 18

LVL: 4 [XP 124/172]

HP | 40/40

MP | 0/0

Status Effects: +10% Speed, +10% Defense, +10% Physical Combat Skill Damage

-

||Attributes||

[Stat Points]: +5

[Str] - 3o

[Con] - 19

[Agi] - 24

[Dex] - 14

[Int] - 20

[Luk] - 13

[Cha] - 10

-

||Skills||

[Skill Points]: 1

Inspect [LV.2], Map [LV.2], Help [LV.2], Storage [LV.1], Mind Palace [LV.1] (Cooldown: 20 Hours), Self Defense [LV.2], Boxing [LV.2], Karate [LV.2], Kung Fu (Unspecialized) [LV.2], Wrestling [LV.1], Judo [LV.1], Kickboxing [LV.1], Interpersonal Communication [LV.1], Basic Survival [LV.1], Running [LV.2], Freerunning [LV.2], Message [LV.1], Crafting [LV. 1]

-

||Quests||

-General-

Reach LVL 5 [4/5] [Reward: +10 Unassigned Stat Points, +1 Artifact]

Compete in an event and win [Reward: +1 All Stats, +75xp]

-

-Daily-

*Daily quests not available in beta*

||Equipped||

Feet: Sports Shoes of Bursting Speed (Ability: Speed Burst)

||Storage||

-Items [4/25]-

Used Bullet +1 [2], Gun [1], Knife [1], Smart Phone [1]

__________