"Give it a wave, my dear," he said, handing the wand to Amelia. Amelia took the wand and gave it a flick. Instantly, a shower of sparks shot out of the end, lighting up the room with a warm glow. "Ah, a strong wand, that one," Mr. Ollivander said, nodding in approval. "But perhaps not the perfect match for you. Let's try another." He handed her wand after wand, each one more impressive than the last, but none of them felt quite right. Finally, he reached into the back and pulled out a simple wand. "Try this one, Amelia," he said, handing her the wand. Amelia took the wand and gave it a wave. Instantly, a beam of light shot out of the end, illuminating the room with a bright glow.

"Ah, I think we've found it," Mr. Ollivander said, a smile spreading across his face. "Ten and three-quarter inches, yew and phoenix feather. A perfect fit for you, Miss Amelia. The aura of your magic is quite powerful which is why this wand must have chosen you." Amelia beamed, her heart filled with joy. She had found her wand, and with it, a piece of herself that she had been searching for. She thanked Mr. Ollivander and turned to Remus, her eyes shining with gratitude. "Thank you, Remus," she said, her voice filled with emotion. "I'll cherish this wand forever." Remus smiled and wrapped an arm around her shoulders. "I'm so proud of you, Amelia. You're going to do great things at Hogwarts, I just know it." As they left the shop, wand in hand, Amelia felt a sense of excitement and anticipation for the future. She was ready to embark on this new adventure, with her wand and her family by her side. On her way home, she kept wondering about her time at Hogwarts and if it will be as pleasant as her time with her family has been.

Meanwhile at home, Sirius had been sitting at the table writing a few letters. After spending such a long time in prison, away from any warmth, he had come to really appreciate the love and support he received from Remus. And now, with Amelia, his family was complete. He decided to write a few letters, opening a few accounts and an emergency one for both Amelia and Remus. He knew that he was free man now but that doesn't mean he was safe. He also decided to open one for Harry, just to make sure he had something to fall back on as well. As he was finishing, he heard soft giggles and knew his daughter had arrived.

Amelia ran towards Sirius and showed her wand to him, yelling ,"Look Dad. I got my wand and Mr. Ollivander said that I had a powerful aura, which is why my wand chose me." After a few minutes of attempting to calm her down, Sirius sat down and requested Remus to go through with his promise. Remus waved his wand and conjured one of his books and sat down on the couch," Amelia, come and sit here darling. I'll explain everything."

"Now, the key things when it comes to wands are the wood, core and flexibility. For example, mine is 10¼" long, made of cypress, and contains a unicorn hair core.", explained Remus. Before he could continue and expand on this, Sirius cut him off," Yeah the key characteristics of the people that hold this wand are that they are brave, bold and self-sacrificing. In my opinion, it is the perfect match." Embarrassed, Remus tried to add some important facts about the wood type and wand core but was cut off once again, this time by his daughter ,"And what wand do you have Dad?" And with that, Sirius started explaining the details about his wand, and showing her the runes on it. Remus was busy reading up everything about Amelia's wand. He remembered how Ollivander had talked about her aura and magic and he wanted to confirm everything. "Here it is, Yew: Yew wands are among the rarer kinds, and their ideal matches are likewise unusual, and occasionally notorious. The wand of yew is reputed to endow its possessor with the power of life and death, which might, of course, be said of all wands; and yet yew retains a particularly dark and fearsome reputation in the spheres of duelling and all curses. However, it is untrue to say (as those unlearned in wandlore often do) that those who use yew wands are more likely to be attracted to the Dark Arts than another. The witch or wizard best suited to a yew wand might equally prove a fierce protector of others. Wands hewn from these most long-lived trees have been found in the possession of heroes quite as often as of villains. Where wizards have been buried with wands of yew, the wand generally sprouts into a tree guarding the dead owner's grave. What is certain, in my experience, is that the yew wand never chooses either a mediocre or a timid owner. I think this is what Mr. Ollivander was trying to say. Now, we need to see about your wand core. Phoenix Feather: This is the rarest core type. Phoenix feathers are capable of the greatest range of magic, though they may take longer than either unicorn or dragon cores to reveal this. They show the most initiative, sometimes acting of their own accord, a quality that many witches and wizards dislike. Phoenix feather wands are always the pickiest when it comes to potential owners, for the creature from which they are taken is one of the most independent and detached in the world. These wands are the hardest to tame and to personalise, and their allegiance is usually hard won." By the time he finished reading, the other two were deep in their thoughts. "What do you think?", asked Amelia. To her, the type of wand she had hardly mattered as she might not use it as much, but she wanted to make sure her parents felt good about this. "I think because you are already used to regulating your magic non-verbally and without a wand, the one you have is much stronger than what children get normally." ,mumbled Remus, still thinking about the newly found information. "Why don't we start with a simple spell for today? It will tell us if the wand is working for you and start your learning process already.", suggested Sirius. He ran back towards the kitchen and brought back a loaf of bread, mumbling about it being a safer option. While Remus had some work to do, Sirius took it upon himself to teach her at least one spell today.

Sirius Black stood in front of her, his wand in hand and a determined look on his face. He was going to teach Amelia how to use her wand, starting with the levitating charm. "Alright, Amelia, the key to this charm is focus and concentration," Sirius said, demonstrating the wand movement for her. "You need to really visualize the object you want to levitate and channel your magic into your wand." Amelia nodded, her brow furrowed in concentration. She raised her wand, pointing it at the loaf on the table. "Okay, now repeat after me: Wingardium Leviosa," Sirius said, watching her closely. Amelia took a deep breath and said the incantation, but nothing happened. The loaf remained stubbornly on the table.. "That's alright, try again," Sirius encouraged, his voice gentle. Amelia tried again, but once again, the loaf refused to budge. She frowned in frustration, feeling discouraged. "It's okay, Amelia, it takes practice," Sirius said, placing a reassuring hand on her shoulder. "Here, let me show you again." He demonstrated the wand movement and incantation once more, then stepped back to let her try again. Amelia took a deep breath, focusing all her concentration on the piece of bread. She raised her wand and said the incantation, this time with more confidence. To her surprise, the loaf began to tremble, then slowly rose into the air, hovering a few inches off the table. "Great job, Amelia!" Sirius exclaimed, clapping his hands. "Now, try to move it to the side." Amelia concentrated hard, willing the loaf to move. After a few tense moments, it slowly drifted to the side, then dropped back to the ground. She tried again, and this time, the loaf floated gracefully through the air, following her wand movements. "Excellent!" Sirius said, beaming with pride. "You're a natural, Amelia." Amelia grinned, her eyes sparkling with excitement. She had done it. She had successfully performed her first levitating charm. "Thank you, Sirius," she said, her voice filled with gratitude. Sirius smiled and ruffled her hair affectionately. "Anytime, kiddo. Now, let's see if we can levitate something even bigger!" Amelia focused on a pillow that was on the sofa and tried making it float. This time however, the results was very different, in the form of a small explosion. Within a second the entire room had burnt feathers and fumes.

"If Remus asks, feign innocence.", mumbled Sirius, while trying to clear the mess. He noticed his daughter, who was clearly upset at this setback and tried re-assuring her," Don't worry honey. This was your first lesson. Tomorrow, we'll go outside and practise more. Now help me fan the fumes away before Remus comes back"

With that, the pair worked together to clear the mess that was created.

...........................................................................................................................................................