Chapter XV "Infected Attraction and Poisonous Love"

Zacznij od początku

Laurel was clearly surprised by my answer, and seemed to take it into consideration as she simply shrugged and turned away "Touché (Y/n)... so perhaps she does hold leverage over you... and perhaps framing a murder wouldn't be enough," she muttered the last part under her breath as she walked away. I took a breath of relief, taking a few steps back before making my way through the halls and to my dorm once again, in an attempt to relax and cool my nerves '...Damn it Laurel,' I facepalmed and felt my heart race in panic at the thought of what she meant by her comment.

I attempted to calm myself down, trying to figure out and wrap my head around the interaction that just happened 'Damn it, Damn it, Damn it!' I repeated in my head while feeling my heart race at an almost dangerous speed, before everything froze when I heard a knock at the door "...Come in," I squeaked out and Enid entered. She looked upset and annoyed "(Y/n)! Thank goodness you're here!" she yelled "What happened this time?" I asked, seeming to have managed to calm down "Wednesday, she's so damn annoying!" she revealed "Didn't you move out?" I asked in confusion "Well... I went back to see if she missed me but..." she paused before she finished the sentence.

I looked at her now saddened expression and sighed "...Don't take my word for it... but she does," I assured and turning her sad expression to one of surprise "Really?" she asked "Yeah... I'm not really good at reading people, or knowing emotion based on what I hear... but she does," I explained "But she's practically unbothered by my leave," she replied "And who does that remind you of?" I asked. It seemed to have clicked in her head in that split second as she immediately gave a small smile and giggle "...Well, you two do seem to have the same personality," she pointed out "Mhm, You grow on people Enid... I should know, I went from hating to loving you-," I attempted to stop myself, but the word simply slipped out my mouth.

Enid immediately blushed at my sudden confession before a small smirk crawled on her face "Love huh?" she teased "...S-Shut up," I replied, embarrassed as I felt my cheeks start to heat up "(Y/n)~ What a sudden surprise~!" she teased happily "Keep teasing me, see what happens," I warned, but she only pressed further "Whatcha gonna do? Kill me with your love~?" I simply sighed and facepalmed.  Despite her relentless teasing, I couldn't help but blush and feel the attraction even more, especially since it was such a subtle yet impactful slip, that's when it finally clicked in my head, what I had to do in replacement of telling her the full truth.

"Enid... I need a favor," I suddenly blurted out, clearly surprising her "Huh? just out of nowhere?" she asked "Not exactly, but I need you to meet me in the quad during nightfall, think you can do that?" I asked as she simply nodded "Yeah but... what for?" she asked "It's a secret~" I managed to tease back, making her pout a little.  I chuckled at this adorable sight and gave her a small hug "Just be there... there are a few things I need to say," I admitted "...Alright, see you then," she said, hugging back before we soon broke off and she left, closing the door as the patter of her footsteps signaled she left.

As she left, I took a sigh of relief, finally managing to get my thoughts together 'Laurel is always watching... she'd know if I let anything slip about the mission... but I can at least keep my name clean from Enid,' I strategized to myself, taking a deep breath as I awaited for nightfall to set in.

~Time Skip~

I was in the quad, awaiting Enid's arrival while staring at the stars before I saw her approach "About time," I said while getting up "Sorry, Yoko was pressing on where I was going," she explained "Not a problem, just glad you made it," I admitted before handing her a blindfold "And this is?" she asked while taking it "Part of the surprise," I admitted.  She gave a slight chuckle at the blindfold "Oh you were serious about this being a surprise, huh?" she asked "Unless you don't wanna see it, put it on," I urged until she gave in and put it on, tying it securely "Now what?" she asked "Hold on," I replied.