Chapter 3

Giyuu looked at the tray now in his lap and lifted his head to look Sanemi in the eyes.

"I'm not..hungry. The more important question is why you're here, Shinazugawa." Giyuu said, attempting to lie to him.

"Shut your mouth and eat the damn food. Why i'm here isn't relevant and I don't need to explain any nonsense that would do us no good whether or not I tell you." Sanemi said, catching onto his lies and trying to avoid explaining why he really was here.

Sanemi wasn't exactly sure why he was here, but for the slight hint he knows of it, he realized he shouldn't mention it.

"Uh, right." He slowly picked up the fork and looked at the food, seeming deep in thought.

"Okay, got somethin' on your mind or whatever? If i'm here, might as well ask so you don't try that dumbass shit again." He looked down at Giyuu's plate with him and slowly looked up to his face.

Giyuu looked up, mildly shocked by Sanemi's attitude towards him. He's never been exactly nice, but why this? Why now? What happened to the "mean" Sanemi?

'What the hell? Why is he acting like he cares? Just days ago he was pushing me around and calling me names. I know he wouldn't want anyone killing themselves, but me? He cares if even I did? What is wrong with him?' Giyuu thought, seemingly confused by his sudden behavior.

"Nothing, it's just that waking up after you almost kill yourself, you don't really seem to expect someone that hates you to be here." Giyuu looked into Sanemi's pale, pastel eyes.

Sanemi Grimaced at his comment. "I never said I- nevermind. It doesn't matter what you expect or not; I came here by will and i'm staying until I make sure you won't try that again."

Soon then, Shinobu walked in. "Shinazugawa, other people need to visit Tomioka-San; you can't just stay here forever- Ah! Tomioka-San! You're awake! Nevermind, Shinazugawa! You can come here and stay however long you like! As long as you take care of him."

"Uh, hey, Kocho." Giyuu said, looking up towards her and the open door.

"Right then.." Sanemi looked away. 'Two faced rat.' He thought, knowing she was going to say the exact opposite if Giyuu was still asleep.

"So, Tomioka-San, after you've ate, I allow you to go anywhere you like, but to make sure you're not going to attempt again, i'm going to keep watch of you from afar, alright?"

"Alright, but how long has Shinazugawa been here?" Giyuu asked, genuinely curious.

"What?! Why would you ask her that! You don't need to know that-!" Sanemi rushed his words together, trying to prevent Giyuu from knowing, but was cut off by Shinobu.

"Ah, if you would really like to know, he's been here for a near two to three hours." Shinobu smiled.

Sanemi looked away, embarrassed. He didn't want Giyuu knowing because he thought he might think something differently than what he thought at the time.

"I just- fell asleep is all." He grew slightly uncomfortable.

"Right.." Giyuu looked at him and slightly smiled before covering it up and looking back up at Shinobu. "Is that all?" He asked politely and passively.

"Yes, that's it. Just finish your food and you can do as you please, on watch of course." She smiled before turning around and heading out the door she came in from.

~~~~~~~~Later, After finishing his food~~~~~~~~

Giyuu stretched, feeling the most full he felt in a while.

"Done?" Sanemi asked, watching him and his dark blue eyes.

"Mhm." Giyuu mumbled, looking at Sanemi and his mesmerizing facial features.

Soon, the door opened and Shinobu walked in.

"Ah, finished your food, Tomioka-San? Excellent!" She smiled. "You can go anywhere you like, but i'll be watching, okay? I've got eyes everywhere."

"Alright then," he started. "I'll take a walk around to the bridge." Giyuu felt the view would be calming.

Sanemi stood up quickly, though he didn't know why. He let his body do whatever it felt like doing in this situation.

"-And i'm coming along." 'What are you saying? Stop it!' is what he was thinking.

He wanted to come along not just so he could spend more time with him, but to protect him. Maybe..in case he tries it again. He was worried as hell but never claimed or admitted to it. He sees it as a weakness.

Every expression he could even begin to put on is usually masked with anger. If someone ever seen him smile, they'd be just as rare as being in a place built out of pure diamonds and rubies-a very rare occurrence that may or may not have happened.

'Fuck it,' he thought. 'Might as well go with it.' "C'mon. I'm going with you; let's go." He faced the other way and slightly blushed, but was still carrying his angry expression.

"Uh, sure." Giyuu slowly started to stand and meet Sanemi's side.

Words: 837 (Not counting these)

Again, credits to the amazing artist XxxsanegiyuuxxX! Please follow them and read their story, "His Will to Live"! I absolutely loved it! This is just a little story that's based off theirs, just in my way. I love you and have a fantastic day/evening!🤍🤍