No Class for the Wicked (So There's Class)

Mulai dari awal

"That's not why," states Georgie flatly.

Ignoring the girl's statement, Jay continues with an evil smirk on his face. He goes to get up and leave the table, "I can talk to him for you if you want—"

"No!" shouts Georgie too loudly. She glances around and notices people staring at her so she begins to whisper harshly. "Sit back down."

There's a dangerous glint in Jay's eyes as he makes her sweat for a moment before sitting back down. "Message received loud and clear," he teases brightly. "But seriously, why not just go ask the guy out?"

"Look, I think he's cute. That's it. He's just a little hallway crush, besides, he's a senior and he'll be gone next year."

"So?"

Georgie sighs and puts her head in her hands. "You stress me out."

Lunch with Jay gets Georgie thinking, if he and Aziz have managed to become friends—or at the very least friendly—with one another, how is it that Audrey seems to be going the complete other way with Mal? She'll have to ask Ben how they got talking with one another because he probably witnessed it happen at tourney. That also reminds her to start asking around about where Lonnie's been. She hasn't responded to any of Georgie's texts about fencing. So on her mind is to find out what in goodness is going on with Lonnie, talk to Ben, and she also needs to arrange for a cleaning company to come clean the dorms before Parents Day for the Student Council.

Walking through the halls, Georgie finally makes it to her room. She opens the door, but as soon as she does, the sound of crying reaches her ears. She closes the door carefully behind her, spotting Audrey crying in front of her vanity in the process. Her cheeks are tear-stained and her mascara is running down her face.

The first thing to flash through Georgie's mind is to wonder whether or not Ben's broken up with her. "Audrey? You okay?"

Audrey looks up and spots the reflection of her roommate in her mirror. The blank look turns to one of rage and fury, and Audrey unexpectedly stands up from her stool and stomps over to where Georgie is. Startled by Audrey's quick advance, Georgie's fencing instincts kick in and she takes a step back. Unfortunately, she takes a step back into the door and hits her head on it hard. "You keep ruining my life," seethes Audrey through gritted teeth. "First when you moved here from New-wherever and became Ben's best friend and took my place. And now you're what? Telling him to stay away from me. Is that it?"

Georgie doesn't have the slightest clue as to what her roommate is talking about. From the sounds of it, Ben hasn't broken up with her. "What are you talking about?"

"You're clearly trying to sabotage Ben and I's relationship by telling him things about me and it's making him distant!"

After all the work Georgie's done over the years to stay out of Ben and Audrey's relationship, the thing she's worked so desperately to avoid is happening; Audrey is going absolutely crazy on her. She takes a breath, not wanting the conversation to turn into a yelling match. "Look Audrey, I stay out of your's and Ben's relationship. I don't say anything to him about you. So if you think he's acting distant, I suggest you go and talk to him."

Audrey pauses for a moment and backs out of Georgie's face a bit. "Like I believe you." With that, Audrey reaches for the door handle and Georgie moves out of her way so she can exit the room.

Georgie is angry. Her mother always told her that anger is a good emotion to feel—it's healthy to be angry once and a while and it shows that you care—but Georgie can't see an upside to it. In an attempt to distract herself, Georgie turns to the tasks she was thinking of doing before she came in the room: tracking down Lonnie and texting Ben.