The Tree Of Life

" Ow "

Lisa mumbles under her breath as her body hits the ground.
Her head is spinning and her legs are shaking, but she’s alive.
Oh how life has a way of humbling us.
She inspects herself for any injuries after sitting up, but her stiff joints tells her all she needs to know.
She’s in pain, but she survived.
The water showed mercy upon her.
This is when she decides to rather stay in the same position for as long as possible before attempting to move any further. God only knows what monsters awaits her in this foreign place.
She looks up and for the first time she sees her surroundings.
Might as well take a good look around before attempting to move anywhere.
She is in a garden. A beautiful garden decorated with the most lavishing trees, flowers and animals in the most astonishing colours.
A place very different than anything she’s ever seen before. There is an air of calm and it overwhelms her . Calm has not been a huge part of her life thus far. There’s something else too.
A familiar sense of love and acceptance. Could this be what home feels like? She ponders as she decides to get up.
She has to get up. She wants to get up. She needs to know this place, but finds herself unable to move. Her body just won’t allow it. She is tired and sore and she misses Victor.
Victor.
The mere thought of velvet mane and deep laughter tickles her throat so much that she cannot help but start to cry.
The feeling so overwhelming that she puts her head down, cover her face and cries to her heart's content.
Never did she imagine that her insanity would remove her this far from reality. Never did she imagine that it would be so painful. Never did she ever dream that she would completely fall over the edge never to return to a place not nearly as perfect as this one, but rather close to her heart.
Imperfections and all.
Lisa is still sobbing when a small voice speaks close to her.

" Why are you crying? "

Lisa looks up, but doesn't see anything.

" Who is there? "

She asks in the wind rather afraid. The tremble in her voice clearly noticeable.

" It’s me. Down here. "

The voice speaks again.
Lisa looks around again. This time on the ground, in the air and all around but still she sees nothing.

" Not there, silly. Here. "

The voice laughs.
This time Lisa tries to follow the sound and that is when she sees her. A butterfly sitting on the bridge of Lisa's bare foot.

" Oh my. "

A soft sigh escapes Lisa’s lips in amazement. This sparks the sweet sound of laughter from the small insect and to Lisa's pleasant surprise, it very much resembles the song of wind chimes.

" Hello. I’m Flutterby.
Why are you crying? "

She asks again after a short while.

" I want to go home. "

Lisa tells her with traces of tears still visible on her cheeks.

" Oh but you are home. "

The little butterfly says as if Lisa just woke up from a hundred year coma.

" Why would you say that if I am clearly not home and you know that I am not home? "

Lisa stupidly asks her.

" But you thought the enchanted garden felt like home? "

Flutterby speaks again.

" Oh…
Yeah, that. "

Lisa finds her voice again after a second of being really confused.

" Besides ",

Flutterby continues,