Chapter 4; Tired Sailor

For a week, I have been scrubbing the deck spotless. For a week we've been sailing in open ocean. For a week, I've been running around like a dog, doing everything demanded of me by The Captain, Crimson, The first mate, Scott, and the Quartermaster, Silver. Both Scott and Silver were given orders by Crimson to tell me what to do, it's annoying but there's nothing I can do about it without having to suffer heavy consequence. My body grows tired along with my mental energy. 

Oakley stopped talking to me, she says it's because she "doesn't want to suffer like me". Which is stupid because that doesn't matter. Noticing Scott in the distant, I turned away attempted to avoid eye contact, to my dismay he still walked over to me.

"Misty." Scott began, not seeming to ever actually want to talk to me. "Captain says ye need to tend to the livestock."

At first, I wanted to refuse. I wanted to pick a fight and win. Then I remembered who I was talking to. Who Scott got orders from. And how I got in this hell of a situation in the first place. "Right now?"

"Aye, right now." Scott glared at me, a look that made me fill with anger.

"I'm almost done with–" I tried to protest before getting rudely cut off.

"You really want to deny orders? Crimson chose to allow you on board as an official member of his crew. And ye really want to complain about what ye're told to do?" Scott spat, still pissy about our fights. I sighed.

"Right away, sir."

Scott walked away, leaving me to tend to those creatures. Nobody would look my way, even when they did they all immediately looked away. At this point Crimson and his "dogs" might as well lock me up, maybe throw me overboard. That would be simpler anyways. This whole situation has me exhausted, I want the day to be over already. Crimson won't even leave his cabin to talk to anyone except the higher ranking members of his crew or his son.

Eventually, I snuck away from the animals. Thinking I could get away with not doing that job, I went to continue my before tasks. Marching my way back to where I was before, I caught sight of the brig entrance. Unlike the others, Jazzy and I managed to keep a decently steady friendship. Everyone on board has been instructed not to speak to the prisoner, and only certain crewmembers were allowed down around the prisoner when ordered. Yet somehow, I found myself walking down the stairs to meet with the prisoner, defying the orders I was given.

"I know right! God, he's so annoying. I mean, what kind of captain throws his own crewmates in holding cells?" Jazzy spoke to someone. I looked at who he was ranting to, finding a brunette with torn off sleeves, the mark of mutiny or treason. Her name was Zella, she has been a part of the crew for a few years time.

"Exactly! It's not our fault Crimson's a shit captain! Or the fact that half the crew are basically cast outs." Zella complained.

"Zella?" I asked, not expecting to see her here.

"Misty?" The woman returned my confusion of seeing her locked up.

"Misty!" Jazzy cheered, excited I was back.

"What are ye doin' down here?" I asked Zella. I didn't know her well, honestly she never gave any interest in speaking to me so the two of us barely knew each other, other than name.

"Mutiny." Zella stared at me. "Why are ye here?"

"Uhm. I was instructed to clean." I lied.

"Uh huh.." Zella gave me an untrusting look. "I know ye're not supposed to be down here. Everybody was instructed to not speak or be around Jazzy."