003.

SOUTH SIDE JAMAICA, QUEENS, NY.
November 1991.

"Dee all I'm saying is I know ima take off with this rap shit

"Dee all I'm saying is I know ima take off with this rap shit. I swear yo'." Deanna's best friend Karrah said while looking up from her notebook.

"I believe you. You and Nycia mad fire with that rap shit." Deanna licked her lollipop while watching cars past by. She had just come from her cosmetology class and went to see her two best friends.

"I ain't really feelin' that shit. Shit ain't goin nowhere." Nyci shrugged and sat in the lawn chair. She lit her blunt and dragged from it.

They were currently sitting on Karrah's Brownstone. She lived in the hood not too far from Deanna. They often chilled, listened to music, or just talked about life. Deanna had known Karrah and Anycia since kindergarten.

"You always so quick to give up on shit Nyci. Shit whack, life ain't fuckin' easy." Deanna was beyond aggravated with Anycia. She moved through life like she didn't give a fuck about anything.

"Coming from a bitch who has everything handed to her literally. Fuck outta here." Nycia laughed while her leg bounced up and down. Deanna always felt like she had that hater shit in her.

"You always saying that weird shit. It'll be real fucking weird if I beat ya ass." Deanna shrugged.

"Whatever Deanna." Nyci shrugged and continued smoking her blunt.

"Ion got time for her today. I'm out, you on that weird shit again." Shaking her head she dusted the back of her Evisu jeans. "Lucky I love your dumb ass." She leaned over hugging Nyci. Whispering in her ear "Leave that shit alone."

Nyci looked away, she didn't know Dee knew she did coke. It was only a little bit not too much.  Nyci felt like it was only a little bit, nothing for any tone to be worried about.

"I love y'all for real, I'll be back lata' going to check on Kanan." Dee hugged Karrah and kissed her cheek.

"Love you more, be safe Dee." Karrah watched Deanna walk off the block and down the street.

Deanna shook her head. She loved her friends but, Nyci really needed help, she was looking bad. Her weight was falling off and she was getting super frail. Coke hit the streets so hard in the 80's. She knew, her parents dealt that shit. They still dealt it.

Walking up to Famous' apartment she seen the cops talking to Kanan. It was the dark skin Cop, Detective Howard, he was always around. Snooping, keeping his head somewhere it wasn't supposed to be.