4. Old Friends

The next morning Alya packed up her stuff and crossed the river. By mid-day Alya found a good spot to set up camp, she made her dinner, set up her tent, and went to bed.

Alya wakes up and sees prince panicking, it is about midnight; Alya didn't think that the guards would be looking for her during the nighttime, but they were.

Alya gets up quickly, grabbing her bow and quiver. She crouches and runs behind a bush so she could see her target, but they couldn't see her. She had only identified two guards, and they were both on horses. Alya reached back, to get an arrow out of her quiver, she aligned the arrow on the bow, aimed, and fired! Alya had shot one of the guards in the shoulder. Alya repeated the process, and shot another guard in the leg. Just then she hears something behind her, she looks back and sees a guard behind her, aiming at her head. She quickly jumps out of the way, she was now out in the open. Alya reaches to get an arrow out of the quiver, but they had all fallen out! Alya gasps, "What, no!"

It had gone dark, a guard had knocked her unconscious. Alya wakes up five minutes later, to see herself tied to a tree. "Hello princess Alya."

Alya lookes up to see a blurry figure in front of her, she groans and asks, "Who are you?"

"I'm Rajani's lead guard," the man says with a grin.

"Okay then, how come I've never seen you in the castle?"

"I watch the people in the dungeon." The guard says with caution. "Anyway that's not the point!"

"Okay so what's the point?" Alya says while secretly pulling a dagger out of her sleeve.

"The king wants to see you."

"Oh really?" Alya raises and eyebrow and smiles as she starts cutting the rope that is keeping her attached to the tree.

"Yes, - I have a feeling your just staling," the guard says as he turns to look at her.

Alya gasps and says sarcastically, "Why would you think I'm doing that?"

The guard rolls his eyes, "I can hear the rope ripping." The guard roles his eyes

Alya puts the dagger back up her sleeve as the guard comes over to check on the rope. As he goes to look at the rope, a dagger flies right beside him, barely cutting his cheek. The guard turns to see five kids standing there.

"Heyyy!" A boy says as he puts his sword over his shoulder, "How you doing, Carl."

The guard picks up his sword and answers, "I told you guys, my name's not Carl, it's Argus!"

Alya looks at the kids and at the guard with a confused look, "Wait. What?!"

Argus puts his sword in front of him, and starts to run towards the kids. As he is about to hit one of the kids, the kid turns transparent and the guard runs right through him and falls. He gets up and changes his attention towards one of the girls. Argus tries to punch her, but she moves out of the way and drags her foot beneath him to trip him. Argus get back up and starts to fight her again, trying to punch her. The girl identifies the man and whistles a bird call; a lot of birds start to attack the guard and the guard starts to scream.

After two minutes the girl calls off the birds to reveal a crying man on the floor. Argus gets up and changes his target to another girl. The girl raises her hands and vines start to grow out of the ground, she puts her hands in front of her for the vines to fly straight at Argus. Argus jumps out of the way, he realizes that he needs to go for the weak one, the one in the sky. He gets his crossbow out of his bag, aims, and fires! The arrow hits her in the shoulder blade and the girl falls to the ground. All the kids run over to her to make sure she's all right, except one, the boy who threw the dagger. He got so angry he formed a dagger and ran towards Argus yelling, he was close to stabbing him in the face but Argus stopped him, twisted his arm, and threw him on the floor. He had fought this kid so many times, he knew his weaknesses, gold, Argus ran his sword on the boys arm to cut it. The kid yelled in pain as Argus cut deeper and deeper into his arm. The other kids turned to see why he was yelling, but what they were about to witness would be traumatizing. Argus drew up his sword, when he was about to kill the boy, he collapsed to the floor and blood started gushing out of his stomach, the kids looked up to see to see Alya, with her dagger, right behind him.

Alya breaths heavily and smiles, "Gin!"

The kid was also breathing heavily and answers, "Alya!"

Alya helps the kid up and starts to talk again, "What are you doing here, shouldn't you be dead?"

Gin replies, "I'm surprised you remember,- Ash's father saved me."

Alya licked her lips, "Ash is alive?!"

"Yeah," Gin smiles and nods, he pauses for a second, "wait how do you remember?"

"Why wouldn't I?"

"Ash's dad said that Rajani had wiped your memory of your life before your father was killed."

"Oh, yeah, uhm, my memories have all come back since I left the castle."

"When did you leave the castle?"

The other kids looked in astonishment as the two kids talked.

Alya responded, "Uhmmm, like three days, maybe."

"We found out you where out of the castle when you entered the Whisperwood forest."

"Okay, when are you going to introduce me to your friends?"

"Right, uhm, this is Charisma-." He points to a girl with emerald green hair and matching eyes.

"Your the girl who attacked the guard with the vines." Alya smiles while shaking her hand.

"And this is Luna." Gin points to a girl with blonde hair and green eyes.

Alya shakes her hand, "Oh, your the one who called the birds to attack him!"

"This is Caetus." Gin pointed at the next kid who had dirty blonde hair and grey eyes.

"Transparent kid," Alya smiles a bit and looks at the girl on the floor with sadness.

Gin realizes that Alya is looking at the girl, and asks Charisma and Luna if she is okay, they nod their heads to indicate she is, he says, "And that is Vega."

Alya looks at Gin with a serious face, "Is she okay?"

Gin looks at Alya and answers, "She will be, soon," he looks at the other kids and says, "when we get her to camp."

The fight scene was my favorite thing to write in this chapter

The fight scene was my favorite thing to write in this chapter. I will be taking a bit of inspo from Percy Jackson in the next two chapters. 😁