Chapter 11: Against The Odds

Start from the beginning

"Perhaps I'm not enough; I'm too different from others," I disclosed before looking down, ashamed to speak about my feelings aloud.

"Hyunjin. Instead of seeing yourself so lowly, see your differences as unique assets," Yeseul suggested before snickering. "Felix won't be happy if he hears you right now."

My eyes widened after hearing Yeseul's words. "You knew?" I asked in shock while looking at her.

Yeseul nodded. "It's been a while since Felix came to the house, and Minho went out without you. Thus, I knew something occurred," she explained.

"Is it that obvious?" I questioned before sighing deeply. "It's the first time I feel something so strong for someone. And I don't want to mess it up."

"I believe you must enjoy these feelings you have for Felix. Why don't you talk to him? I bet he wants to listen to you," Yeseul suggested.

"Maybe Felix feels confused because I disappeared from his side so suddenly. Right?" I thoughtfully questioned, to which Yeseul nodded in response.

"I think so too, Hyunjin. Give it a try," Yeseul sincerely said while smiling at me.

"Thank you," I grinned back at Yeseul before feeling slightly nervous. "Can I hug you?"

"Of course, you can," Yeseul happily said before I moved forward and hugged her tightly. "You can do this, Hyunjin. You only need to speak to him."

I nodded at Yeseul's words before shutting my eyes, finally letting my tears fall.

Seoul Institute of Visual Arts.

LEE FELIX

It was noon, and the institute was almost empty since it was the weekend. I had to come to deliver an assignment, which I successfully gave to my teacher. – I'm walking toward the front gate, ready to return home. However, when I was walking, I saw Songsu approaching me.

"Lee Felix, what are you doing here all alone?" Songsu asked, implying I wasn't with Hyunjin as usual.

"I came for school matters, and it shouldn't concern you," I carelessly answered.

"Why are you so bitter? Come on! Did you fight with Hyunjin?" Songsu questioned, almost mocking me.

I clenched my jaw before taking a deep breath. "It doesn't concern you."

"Do you know that Hyunjin likes to flirt with everyone?" Songsu pointed out before snickering. "Lee Felix, don't feel so special because you aren't. Hyunjin doesn't see you as you do."

I closed my hands into fists, getting more infuriated by the second. But I couldn't answer since Minho appeared out of nowhere and pushed Songsu away.

"Stop talking crap about my brother! Felix has more chances with Hyunjin than you do; that's why you want to annoy him," Minho earnestly stated.

"Why do you care? He's not your real brother, Minho," Songsu claimed.

"You piece of— "

I stopped Minho before he could hurt Songsu. "—Minho-hyung! He's not worth it," I said while holding his arms.

Songsu only rolled his eyes before walking away from us. "This conversation isn't over, Songsu!"

"Hyung!" I patted Minho's shoulders, trying to calm him down.

"Sorry, Songsu always finds a way to get to me," Minho mentioned before sighing. "I'm glad I came on time, though."

"Yes. If you didn't appear, I would've punched Songsu's face," I admitted before looking at Minho, confused. "Why were you here, though?"