Thank god!

"However, given the long journey time, the King is expected to be away for atleast 15 days and during that time, I would be acting as his representative, according to the orders his highness has left before his departure to the borders," he continued and the Queen immediately looked towards Vishnu sir who looked a little disappointed.

"Any further questions?" the finance minister asked.

Everybody remained silent.

"Anything you would like to add, your highness?" he asked turning towards the Queen.

"No sir," the Queen replied, "But I would urge you to keep track of the King's moments and his discussions and make sure we are prepared in case things get escalated."

"Noted your highness," the Finance minister replied, "Certainly!"

With that the meeting ended and everyone left but the Queen asked for Vishnu sir to stay.

"Weren't you the one who is supossed to be acting representative, sir?" she asked.

"Your highness," Vishnu sir hesitated and looked at Veer before continuing, "Given the recent disputes between me and the soldiers, I can understand why the King would choose the Finance minister to be the acting representative."

"Would be the right decision," Veer added, "The Intellectuals often left no stone unturned to prove how much they hate soldiers. Having one of them incharge would be a nightmare for my people."

"Veer!" the Queen warned.

"Apologies, your highness," Veer immediately apologized.

"I respect the King's decision sir," she said turning towards the intellectual, "but if you ever sense or feel that something is wrong, please let me know. I am on your side."

"Thank you, your highness," Vishnu sir nodded, "I appreciate that."

*** Nanda ***

One week of exhausting journey and we finally reached the North borders. It is nothing short of a nightmare, to be called in for an emergency travel while I am in preparations of expressing my feelings to my sweet princess.

God hates me!

Yet again, if King Vishwanath made an unexpected arrival at the borders with his soldiers and attacked our men, that is nothing short of a call for war. We shouldn't have believed him, when he said that he will not hold grudge against the King for refusing his daughter's hand in marriage.

We shoud've guessed he was being a snake all along, but again, a snake cannot defeat a lion, especially not, if the lion is as alert, stratergic, and swift as Adi!

"Your highness," "General" the Lieutenant incharge immediately bowed down and greeted us as we got down the horses.

"What's going on, sir?" Adi asked without wasting any minute.

"There have been a couple more attacks this week, after the initial attack, your highness," the Lieutenant replied, "We did manage to hold them off but your guidance is certainly required."

"Any injuries or fatalities?" the King asked.

"No fatalities, your highness," the Lieutenant replied, "Minor injuries sustained on both sides."

"And are the soldiers being well taken care of?" the King asked the question before I could ask.

"Yes your highness," the Lieutenant replied, "They are on their way to recovery."

"Good," the King nodded, "Let's talk numbers then. What's the estimate?"

"Your highness, when I wrote the letter, their soldiers were relatively less in number..." the Lieutenant hesitated, "but just yesterday there have been a lot of migrations and now they have around 20,000 soldiers, with almost a 100 horses and 30 elephants. "