Resurrection

"RISE UP,

BROKEN,
Broken,
MISERY,
Misery,
Adjectives for my heart,
STIFLE,
Stifle,
CONSISTENTLY,
Consistently,
Right from the start,

Sometimes he couldn't even believe that the mech he once called his friend had turned his back on the Autobot's cause and joined the Decepticons, all because of one little misunderstanding. Hot Shot didn't want to believe that his best friend joined the Decepticons, he couldn't. He wanted to believe that Wheeljack was still the same mech, but a part him said that Wheeljack was a Decepticon from the start.

I watched you burn alive,
And from the ashes you rise,

After the tragedy that had befallen the two mechs─the fire─and after Wheeljack's return, the two haven't looked at each other the same. Wheeljack blames Hot Shot for leaving him there in the blaze to die, and Hot Shot blames his platoon commander for refusing to send in a rescue team. I shouldn't have left him back there is what Hot Shot would always tell himself. I should have stayed with him.

STRIPPED DOWN,
Stripped down,
AND SEPARATE,
And separate,
The things you really need here,
DISSOLVE,
Dissolve,
AND DISSIPATE,
And dissipate,
Everything that I fear,

Currently, the mech, Hot Shot, had some time to himself and was taking a walk through one of Earth's forests. He had to admit that Earth's forests were very different from Cybertron's forests, but they were quite beautiful. "Hm?" He stopped and turned his helm when he thought he heard a branch snap, as if someone or something had stepped on it. The yellow and red mech shook his helm and continued, thinking it had been some Earth animal. He let out a sigh as he walked and thought back to the good times he and Wheeljack had shared together back on Cybertron. He stopped once more and clenched his fists. Wheeljack was a Decepticon, and Hot Shot was alone.

There's monsters in the closet,
They're hiding under the bed,
An analog composite,
Of the illusions inside my head,

Hot Shot yelped when he was suddenly tackled to the ground by an unknown attacker. He struggled and tried to get free, but ceased his actions and gasped quietly as he gazed up at who his attacker was. "Hot Shot," the black mech sneered down at him, "long time, no see."

"Wheeljack," Hot Shot growled the designation as his surprised gaze turned into a glare, "what do you want?"

"Ooh, Hot Shot, aren't we touchy today," Wheeljack chuckled. "Look, I just came to talk."

Hot Shot couldn't stop a small, short-lived laugh from escaping his vocalizer. "And why do I find that hard to believe? You shot me, and almost killed Sideswipe! Whatever you have to say, I don't want to hear it, Jackie." He nearly froze when he realized what he had just called the Decepticon. 'Jackie' was Hot Shot's nickname for Wheeljack, and it was a nickname that had not been used in a long, long, long time. Wheeljack seemed to freeze up too, then his expression hardened and he pushed himself off of Hot Shot, standing and looking down at him and yet he didn't say a word. "You wanna talk, Jack?" the yellow mech asked as he stood as well. "Then let's talk."

I watched you burn alive,
And from the ashes you rise,
It should be no surprise,
You were always a phoenix in disguise,

"Hot Shot, you need to─" Wheeljack tried to explain, but was cut off.

"Let's talk about how you won't listen to me when I try to tell you what happened," Hot Shot snarled. "Or about how you're so arrogant and full of yourself that you can't take the time to hear my side of the story. Or maybe about how you betrayed your friends and joined the enemy! How about how you left me alone?! Let's talk about why in the name of Cybertron would you even think it was okay to leave me alone!" The mech was venting heavily as he glared at the mech, but Wheeljack could see the pain and hurt in Hot Shot's blue optics. "You are a fragging son of a glitch that deserves to rust forever in the Pit. You were always a Decepticon right from the start, and that is something you will always be."