Meeting Travis

November 2023
Aspyn: 11-years-old

Aspyn lay on the floor of her mom's room, watching her try on outfit after outfit, trying to work out what was best for Travis coming over that evening. The eleven-year-old was always amazed by her mom's outfits; she was amazed by her mom in general.

"What do we think of this one, Penny?" Taylor asked, looking at the petite blonde as she gave a little twirl of a black skirt and white turtleneck that she was wearing.

"You look pretty, Mama," Penny said, rolling onto her stomach; the girl's crystal blue eyes lit up as she looked at her mom, causing the older blonde to smile at her little girl.

Taylor had her daughter Aspyn Rose on September 13th 2013.

Aspyn's father hadn't been in the picture since she was three weeks old, so Taylor did everything she could to give her daughter the best life possible. Taylor had managed to keep her out of the public eye for the most part, not wanting her to deal with people constantly watching and obsessing over the little girl's every move. Taylor was extremely protective over the small girl, especially when introducing her to people she was dating; she had only introduced Aspyn to a few of her past boyfriends. She didn't want her daughter to get her heart broken by someone saying that they would be in Penny's life forever one day and then packing up and leaving the next. Joe had been the last of her boyfriends that Taylor had introduced Penny to; Taylor felt like she had done everything she could to salvage the relationship for her daughter's sake; however, it still fell apart after everything. It was hard listening to her daughter cry over the fact that she had lost one of the only father figures that she had ever had. It took a while, but both of the Swift girls could heal.

Taylor had been dating Travis for a few months now, and she could feel that this relationship was different; she could feel it so deeply that she felt okay about having him come to meet her eleven-year-old daughter.

"Okay, little lady, shall we get you ready?" Taylor asked, giving her an encouraging smile.

"Do you think he will like me, mama?" Penny asked, standing up, walking over to her mother, and wrapping her arms around her mom's waist.

"He is going to love you, my beautiful girl." Taylor said, smiling, suddenly scooping the girl into her arms and spinning her, causing her to let out a loud giggle, "I have told him so, so much about you, and he has already said that he is so excited to meet you. But if you don't want to meet him yet, there is still time to re-arrange,"

"No, Mama, I want to meet Mr Travis!"

"Okay, Baby, let's go get you ready then, " Taylor said as she placed Aspyn on the ground and walked her through her room. Taylor walked to Aspyn's closet, looked at her daughter's clothes, and then over her shoulder to look at her daughter, who had now perched herself on her light blue bed. "What are we thinking, babe?"

"I don't know, you choose Mama," the petite blonde said as she flopped onto her back.

Taylor searched through Aspyn's clothes, finally landing on a pair of light blue jeans and a light pink jumper with strawberries all over it. Taylor smiled at her decision and then turned to get her daughter's opinion. Taylor held the outfit up to her daughter, who gave a nod and then took the outfit to get changed in her bathroom while Taylor went to grab all the things she would need to do Penny's hair.

In Taylor's opinion, Aspyn had always had very curly hair, which was gorgeous. It had taken Taylor a long time to love her curly hair, so when her daughter's hair came in as curly as ever, she knew she would do everything she could to get her to love it.

As soon as Aspyn exited the bedroom, she went to her mom's bathroom, waiting to do the girl's hair. Aspyn sat down and then let her mom begin styling her hair.