Epilogue

Two years have passed, and several things have happened in this time. I've turned eighteen, I've graduated from high school, and Jace and I have officially been dating ever since my time in the hospital from Axel's attack on me. Speaking of Axel, he was charged and tried on attempted murder charges of me, and was found guilty of this charge, and sentenced to ten years in prison, and has served two of the ten years.

My physical recovery from my injuries from that event took several months to heal with a few lingering pains, but my mental health recovery from this event is still on-going. I see a therapist once a week, and I've been doing this for about a year now, but when I originally started seeing her, I was seeing her twice a week. I still have nightmares from this event, and my therapist has diagnosed me with PTSD, and severe anxiety.

Everyone has been extremely helpful in my physical and mental health healing journey, but Jace has been my biggest supporter, and I greatly appreciate all of them. Jace even bought me a two-month-old puppy a year and a half ago, a chocolate lab, a male, for protection and help with my anxiety and PTSD. I named the puppy Lyric, and he's twenty-months-old now, and is an awesome companion.

Kyler hired a new cowboy to replace Axel about a year ago, and his name is Abel, and he's twenty-five. He seems pretty friendly and a hard worker, but I'm not close to him, despite wanting to know him better, but I just can't at least not yet, but perhaps one day.

Another thing I had found out during the whole ordeal with my injuries is that I have a functioning uterus and ovaries, and I can become pregnant like a female who has these same functioning parts. Yes, Jace is aware of this information, and we take precautions to prevent me from becoming pregnant until we're ready to have a baby. I don't feel I'm ready for the responsibility of a baby while I'm not fully recovered from my attack, but perhaps one day in the near future Jace and I will be ready. We both want children, but not just yet. If and when we're ready for this, we've agreed that we'd like two children, but if we have more, then we'll decide how many more after two we want.

4 years later -

I've just graduated from college. I decided to become an accountant, so I can do the books for the ranch, and I do the books for a few other companies, too, along with still working on the ranch. Jace and I were married six months ago with a small ceremony at the cliff where we eventually had the stargazing date. Kyler was Jace's best man, and Heath was mine, mama walked me down the aisle, and Kyle was ordained online, so he performed the ceremony. Jax, Maria, and their kids came for the ceremony, too, and he also walked me down the aisle with mama.

Oh, um, Jace and I also have two children, and a third one on the way. We have 3-year-old Jaxson James Edwards, and he's almost a clone of Jace with the exception of eye color - Jaxson's is bright blue like mine (his first name is in honor of Jax, and his middle name is my middle name). Then we have 1.5-year-old Rain Leigh Edwards (there are birds called Rain Quail, so we kept the 'R' bird name theme going with one of our children), and she looks identical to me except for her eye color. Rain has dark brown hair like me, but instead of blue eyes, she has Jace's dark brown eye color. Our third baby that will be born any day now, we're naming him Jason Ky Edwards (Jason is my father's name, and Ky is for Kyle and Kyler - the best step-dad, and step-brother anyone could ask for).