Out of Town

There was a big exam next week and Emmett was out of town to visit his family. This meant that Elle wouldn't have him to help her study and she was desperate for that. Emmett had called Paulette to substitute for him that week but god knows that she wouldn't be able to give her half the help that she needs.

Paulette came over to Elle's door on the Tuesday that Emmett left town just to find Elle on call with him while he was on the train. Somehow, Elle didn't hear her walk in and continued her call.

"How are you gonna live without me?" Elle laughed softly and questioned Emmett.
"Well, it seems like you are going to call me like this everyday, so I should be find." Emmett joked back. Elle chuckled and kicked her feet.

"I have to get going, ticket check."

"Okayy- just call me when you can. Love you." She made a kiss sound. "Don't miss me too much while we're off call."

"Okay, okay. Love you, just don't forget to study." He laughed a bit before hanging up the phone.

Elle sighed and turned around, when she noticed Paulette she shrieked and fell backwards, blushing. Paulette gasped and ran over to help her stand.

"Elle! It's just me! Emmett sent me-"

"DIDYOUHEAROURWHOLECONVERSATION?"

Paulette paused, processing whatever Elle had just yelled at her, once she realized she put her hands on Elle's shoulders.

"Ohh Elle, I only heard the last few minutes! And a little before that, and.. more.. before.. that.."
Paulette smiled akwardly at Elle's whole face which was now a dark shade of red.

"But it's.. OKAY! He's so sweet, I understand why you like him so much. He's so perfect isn't he?"

"HOW MUCH DO I HAVE TO TELL YOU PAULETTE. I DON'T LIKE EMMETT FORREST." Elle fell to her knees and grabbed the bottom of Paulett's shirt, burrying her flushed face in it. She was in such denial that Paulette couldn't help but sigh.

"Here, sit down and tell me how you DO feel about Emmett then." Paulette sat down on Elle's bed and pulled her next to her.

"WE'REJUSTFRIENDSISWEARHEDOESNTEVEN LIKEMEANDIFHEDIDIWOULDNTCARE." Elle rocked on the bed and her breath quickened. Paulette put her arm around her and stopped her rocking.

"OKAY. Okay. I believe you, Elle."

"I just want my friend home.."

Elle and Paulette sat for awhile, talking about Emmett until Paulette had to go home. She had gotten a lot of information out of Elle and she was proud of herself.