23 ; the fight for my life

The only thing keeping me upright was Kelly's firm grip on my arm that pulled me back to my feet. She dragged me along, dragging my weakened body behind her as she ran faster than she did before.

The adrenaline was slowly rushing off.

My legs couldn't keep my body up, they were giving in under me.

We sought cover in the mob.

I couldn't breathe.

"Come on, Matilda. Come on!" Kelly screamed out, strained. Her head spun around to the RedBull garage that wasn't far from us, but I could never make it to there.

My hands went numb.

My brain couldn't process what happened, it couldn't process that I had been shot.

"You can do it. I know you can."

I felt the blood gushing out of my back and my stomach and knew I would bleed out in less than twenty minutes.

Weakened, I shook my head.

So Kelly put my arm around her shoulder and put pressure on the wound on my stomach. I screamed out in pain when her hand came in contact with the wound.

"It's not far. We can make it."

My body hit the ground.

And Kelly fell to her knees, too. She was sobbing, crying, shaking. She was barely strong enough to put enough pressure on the wound.

I couldn't talk.

My brain was foggy.

"Help! Somebody help!" She desperately screamed out, but it did nothing. They kept running, they kept screaming so loud that her own screams vanished.

She pulled my body up again, this time using the strength she had left. I screamed in pain when I moved, the pain slowly paralysing my body now.

My legs didn't work anymore. Kelly dragged me behind her, desperately trying to keep my body upright. She had blood on her hands and Penelope had blood on her, too.

No child should have to go trough something like that.

No one should.

The few steps to the RedBull garage felt like miles when I stumbled into it, Kelly falling to the ground with me. She was desperately sobbing, putting pressure on the wound while her other hand clutched onto Penelope's.

There were people scattering around us, yelling orders that I couldn't hear.

Ringing came to my ears and I could hear my heart slowly pounding in my ears.

Breathing grew more and more heavy.

Sobs escaped my throat and tears were rolling down my temples. The cold of the ground did nothing good for me and my body started trembling.

I could make out Max and his confused expression as he was towering over me, but as soon as he recognised me he fell to his knees.

"No," He breathed, his hands now replacing Kelly's. "No, no, no. No!" He screamed out in fear, his breathing getting more and more heavy the longer he looked at me.

"What happened? How the fuck could that happen?!" He screamed, yelling orders over his shoulder that I couldn't focus on. I could feel my life slipping through my fingers like water and regretted that I had decided to join my father in.

Oh, my dear father.

"Where are the paramedics? Fuck, someone get the fucking Paramedics!"

I grabbed onto his arm, gaining his attention. My body was getting weaker and I was slowly bleeding out. I felt the blood leaving my body, could feel my weak heart that didn't have enough blood to pump through my body.

𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐑𝐘𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐈 𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐑 𝐖𝐀𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐃, max verstappenजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें