Chapter 23

time skip
So you're telling us that there are minerals in the foot of this mountain, Shuang Yun asks, shocked.
yes i say.
Are you sure? Bai di asks.
yes the energy that the crystals give off i can feel a lot coming from the mountain i say.
I didn't know what Shuang Yun said.
Do we exploit it, I ask.
it might divide the mountain into pieces or even collapse, bai di says.
If we do, other tribes will notice us, sangye says, and the bird tribe will also notice it.
Can you extract them with your earth power miko? Shuang Yun asks.
i am sorry i can't because i would just move the rock and the crystals as one but i can be there if something goes wrong and hold it all up i say.
that could work, bai di says.
but we will discuss this later so we can have a talk with the tribes people and so that we can enjoy today oke? sangye says
ah yes i need to teach the cubs how to attack, shuang yun says.
oh can i join? I ask.
Of course, he said.

time skip next day.
I am playing with my cubs when suddenly Xue Ling shows up. I look at him and say: I am playing with my children, can't you see? I have no time for an arrogant bird.
i am just here because our child misses you so i have no choice but to take him to you, he says.
look if you are so wanting to have a partner and have children then i can introduce you to our females, i have my males already oke, i say.
i look at him and he is mad (maybe i should have taken the lotus first i hope he doesn't do anything stupid) i think looking at his mad form.
mommy the lotus says.
pls give me the lotus before you do anything stupid, i say but he doesn't hand me the lotus.
Do you want me to stay away from you? he asks.
you can be around the tribe for dealings as i am the witch doctor but yeah, i say.
He then puts power into the hand holding the lotus and he starts to scrum around in pain.
pls release the lotus you are hurting, I say but get ignored. My cubs begin to look at the lotus getting hurt and it attracts shuang yun who comes to see what is happening.
your mother doesn't need you anymore, xue ling says towards the lotus and has little flames licking at the lotus.what's the point of raising you up then? now a full flame gulps the lotus who screams: waaaa!!! please don't daddy. mommy! help!
I looked at Shuang Yun and he nodded. I rushed at Xue Ling and snatched the lotus into my arms.
Are you ok? I ask. mommy it hurts, it says.
(it's crying like a child, how could he be so cruel) I thought about cradling the lotus.
If you don't want your child anymore, what's the point of keeping him then?
When I said I didn't want the child, he called him daddy and you can do this, how cruel, I say.
you're more cruel than me, he says and flies away.
I look at Shuang Yun and say, "Would you mind adopting this child because I can't stand Xue Ling being so cruel to it?"
it is our family now let's go home and heal it i will take the cubs he says.
thank you i say and we walk home together.
when we get home i quickly take out a tube with water and put the lotus in and give it some blood ( it grow because of blood so maybe it can heal with blood) i think and i bite my finger and let the blood drip on the lotus, it observes it and heels i sigh in relief as it shouts: mommy!
I'm glad you are ok. I will not allow that arrogant bastard to hurt you any more, ok?
oke mommy, it says.
Shuang Yun walks in with the cubs and asks: how is it doing?
it is ok now, i say
good he says letting the cubs go.
They walk over to the lotus and me and they start to play. I smile and walk over to Shuang Yun and give him a kiss on the cheek. Bai di then also walks in and says I heard what happened from Shuang Yun, and gives me a hug.
I hug back and he says: don't worry he won't hurt the lotus or our cubs again.
bai di then lets go and says: i have been thinking and i think we should dig up the minerals under the mountain.
what really? i ask
yes we have you to help if anything happens, he says.
the birds will notice should we tell them in advance? sangye asks.
i will talk to the patriarch, says shuang yun.
"Oke, we will start tomorrow", say's Bai di.
i have to go to the fields and do a check in the tribe but after that i can come and look and help if needed, i say.
that is ok mike, shuang yun says.
I will make food for the people working then and visit oke? i say
that is great, says bai di
oké let's do this! i say