As I hum and sway to the rhythm of the song that is playing, the song is abruptly interrupted by the sound of an incoming call. I put down the spatula I'm using and wipe my hands before I walk over to the counter where I had left my phone and pick it up and look at who is calling me.

Becca Manager, is the name written at the top of the screen. My expression changes to one of strangeness.

What could possibly happened to make Rebecca call me?

Normally, weekends are sacred to me. It is the time of the week when my life is not busy with meetings and events and Rebecca tends to respect that, and tries if it is not an emergency to bother me as little as possible or wait until Monday.

I don't delay any longer and accept the call, putting it on speakerphone so I can continue making myself breakfast.

"Adeline?" Rebecca asks from the other end of the call, I notice her voice is a little agitated. That makes the nerves slowly start to creep in thinking something bad has happened.

"Yes, tell me Rebecca" I reply as calmly as I can without saying anything and ignoring the emotion that tinges her tone of voice.

"I know it's the weekend and you're probably looking forward to staying at home" Rebecca begins apologetically "But I need you to come to the office" she concludes straight to the point.

The nerves that were at the back of my mind start to show more and my pulse starts to race.

My mind is racing as I try to imagine what could have happened to make Rebecca call me on a Saturday morning. There are many possible possibilities, both good and bad. I dismiss the good ones because her agitated tone doesn't quite fit. What if there's been a problem with the album release? Or what could be even worse: Have the songs been leaked? A thousand possibilities cross my mind when I remember that the call is still going on.

"Adeline?" Rebecca asks again the same question she started the call with.

"Yes, yes, I'm on my way" I answer almost automatically and hang up the call to get dressed and get to the offices as soon as possible.

──────── ˚₊‧꒰ა ☆ ໒꒱ ‧₊˚ ────────