Chapter 8

The next two days were rather monotonous, yet not without challenges. Each morning, they rose early and headed to the southern district of Meridian, the area that had suffered the most destruction and remained in urgent need of restoration. There, they continued to assist in repairing the citizens' homes and removing the machines that had participated in the war, along with their remnants, making significant progress. Some evenings were spent working together, while others were separate due to Avad's responsibilities in his office. With each passing day, their trust in one another grew stronger. Everything seemed to be going smoothly: they strolled through the city's surroundings, shared intimate moments, cooperated diligently, and felt comfortable confiding in each other... except for the part where they confessed their feelings. Avad ardently wished to share his sentiments, yet every time he attempted, the words caught in his throat, leading him to change the subject. 

As for Aloy, her wounds were healing swiftly. There was only one thing unsettling her: she didn't know what to do with her lingering feelings for Avad. And sooner or later, she would have to leave the City on the Mesa. Her mission still had to go on.

I want to take advantage of this short chapter to remind you that you can follow me on my Instagram, where I share all the updates about the publication of new chapters, and photographs of Horizon taken by me

If you're enjoying it, don't forget to comment, vote, and save the story to your library, so you don't miss anything! 💬🩷⭐️

You can also share it with other people who might be interested. 📩

And that's all for now, I hope you're enjoying what you've read so far. The best is yet to come!Greetings and thanks for reading this far ;D

Since this chapter has been very short, I will publish again on Sunday ⏰