Chapter 1

Giyuu sits on the side of a bridge near the Butterfly Estate, taking in the beautiful golden-pink sky casting over the home near dark.

He thinks-the thoughts overwhelming his consciousness-'What if I wasn't here; what would happen? Would it be better off without me here? Surely, that just might be true. It seems as much with Shinazugawa, due to his hatred against me, including the thought of even looking at my face. Maybe he'd be happy, jumping around with joy and all. Maybe..he'd even smile.'

It should be mentioned Sanemi Shinazugawa isn't much of a guy who likes to put on a smile. Giyuu, though, smiled only at times when he was alone. He felt he laughed or smiled ugly but always wanted others to. He's the type a person would call "a people pleaser", but it doesn't necessarily please him to hear that.

Giyuu pictures Sanemi smiling, and started to smile slightly himself. 'I bet it would be amazing to see him smile so much. He's always so angry. I don't want to take away anything from him. Can't he understand that? Maybe he'd understand if my body was laying limp on a hospital bed. Maybe then he'd realize I don't want to hurt him. I want to..hurt myself.'

He's always thought about ending it all; the pain, the regret, the fear, the sadness. He doesn't seem the type to be affected by it, but that's just a show he's used to putting on. Deep, deep down, he's hurting and the fire of that hurt is slowly consuming him everyday. He doesn't know how to ignore it, much less get rid of it. Because Sanemi always seems to hate or ignore him, it also takes a toll on Giyuu.

'Sabito would've wanted to be here instead of me, and he deserved to be. I was the one who was supposed to die; not him. Sabito is supposed to be the water hashira. Sabito is supposed to be the water pillar. Sabito is supposed to be alive. Sabito is supposed to be here smiling with the hashiras. Sabito, Sabito, Sabito. He won't leave my mind. Guess it shows how much I know he should be here and I should just die.'

Giyuu and his restless thoughts are exhausting to him. He can't seem to focus on anything without those painful memories and thoughts popping up all the time.

Giyuu stands up, and smiles slightly.

'I'm sorry i'm in your place Sabito, so i'll just fix this myself. I'll just kill myself. Is that okay? Good. I've been overthinking it recently, but now. Now, i'll finally do it this time. No regret. No backing down. Everyone will be happy now. Ha, I wish I could watch them smile when I die up in the heavens. Whatever, now's not the time. Here I go; finally. I'm sorry you aren't here yet I am, Sabito. I miss you.'

With that going on, there was another person quite near. Around the quarters of the Butterfly Mansion, Tanjiro was doing some late night training for a mission coming up quickly. He stands up after doing some sitting-stretches and wipes a bead of sweat off his forehead near his scar. He smiles, feeling slightly accomplished.

"Maybe I should go for a walk now that i've completed my stretches and resume later." Tanjiro spoke out loud.

He started to walk around the perimeters of the mansion, taking in the beauty of his surroundings. He was passing the bridge when he spotted someone sitting near the bridge. He stared, wondering who it was and what they were doing.

'Who's that? I can't see them very clearly. Wait- is that Tomioka-San? Ah, it is! Might as well say hello.'

He walked up slowly but was confused. 'Why is he standing, overlooking the drop? Why is he watching it like he's about to- Wait. Is he really about to-' "Tomioka-San!" Tanjiro screamed, calling after the man that just started to fall down the large gap with his eyes closed.

Words: 678 (Not counting these)

Again, credits to the amazing artist XxxsanegiyuuxxX! Please follow them and read their story, "His Will to Live"! I absolutely loved it! This is just a little story that's based off theirs, just in my way. I love you and have a fantastic day/evening!🤍🤍