doodles

THE SCHOOL LIBRARY was very quiet, but the music in your ears wasn't. as your favorite song played loudly in your headphones, you found yourself getting mildly distracted from your work. you quickly corrected yourself and your thoughts were filled with your studies once again.

a few moments later, you frustratedly tapped the pencil against the table and stared at the papers. you looked between the homework and your notebook, pausing a moment on the homework before someone pulled one of your earbuds out of your ears and covered your eyes.

"guess who."

you smiled at the sound of his voice. "hi, simon." you chuckled as he lifted his hands away from your eyes and sat down at the desk beside you, placing his blue backpack on the floor and resting his cheek on his hand as he looked your way. "hi, y/n. what are you up to?" he asked whilst the eyes under his glasses darted from your work to your hand to your eyes.

"well, i was doing homework and taking notes... but i got a little distracted and ended up doodling a bit. oh, and i'm also listening to music," you stated plainly, sounding bored with your current situation.

"hmm," simon hummed a moment at your reply and scooted his chair closer to you before grabbing the fallen earbud and sticking it in his own ear. he waited a few seconds before speaking once more. "arctic monkeys? again, really?"

"oh hush, you know you like them too."

"yes, that i do.. that i do.." he mumbled quietly, his attention moving down to your work again. "can i see your doodles?" he asked, to which you nodded and slid over your open notebook that was filled with notes and various small doodles. "aw, cute. may i add something?" he asked politely.

"sure." you smiled softly and handed him your pencil. simon got to work immediately, using the pencil to begin to doodle even more around the notes as the music continued to play in your ears. a little while later he finished his scribbles with a dorky smile on his face. "done." he slid the notebook with the pencil on top back to you and you took a moment to look at what he added.

it was a small drawing, two stick figures holding hands with smiles on their faces and hearts floating around. "it's us." he stated surely, looking at you as you looked at his doodle. a smile found its way to your lips before you took the pencil and added something between the stick figures - a small cat.

"our future cat." you said and he smiled. "ah yes, our future cat."

in a moment, he took the pencil and paper back before adding another thing. a speech bubble coming from his stick figure, with the words 'i love you.' written in it. he watched you as you read it, pushing up his glasses nervously. you smiled as you felt your cheeks heat up.

you took the pencil from his fingers and added a speech bubble to your little figure, saying the words: 'i love you too.' back. you watched as his own cheeks went pink and he looked up at you. "i do really think i love you." he whispered with a small nod.

"and i do really think i love you, too."