The Confrontation

Edward's head spun with a dizzying array of emotions as Lisabeth's words echoed in his mind.

"What did you say?!" Edward's voice was a mixture of confusion and apprehension, his heart pounding in his chest.

Lisabeth's concern deepened as she reached out to him. "Edward, what's wrong?" Her words were gentle, a soothing balm to his troubled soul.

Inwardly, Edward grappled with the weight of his own secrets—the shadow creature that had haunted his home, the terror that had gripped him in its icy clutches. He felt a surge of panic rising within him, threatening to engulf him in its suffocating embrace.

With trembling hands, he pushed himself to his feet, his movements unsteady as he tried to distance himself from Lisabeth's unwavering gaze. "Lisabeth, please stop it," he pleaded, his voice raw with emotion.

But Lisabeth was undeterred, her concern for him overriding his protests. "Don't keep your troubles to yourself," she urged, her voice soft but insistent. "Why don't you let me help you?"

Before Edward could respond, Lisabeth closed the distance between them, wrapping her arms around his neck in a gesture of comfort and support. Edward's breath caught in his throat, his mind reeling with the intensity of her touch. 

Edward felt a surge of discomfort as Lisabeth drew closer, her proximity suffocating him with its intensity.  He struggled to find the right words, his mind a whirlwind of conflicting emotions.As Lisabeth rose on her tiptoes to embrace him , Edward's unease deepened. This wasn't the time or place for such intimacy, and he found himself recoiling from her touch, his instincts screaming at him to create distance between them."Do you miss Claire so much?" Lisabeth's question caught Edward off guard, and he felt a pang of guilt gnawing at his insides. He pushed her away slightly, more forcefully than he intended, his movements betraying the turmoil within him."Will you go away? Please," Edward pleaded, his voice strained with emotion. He couldn't bear the weight of Lisabeth's expectations, the pressure to reciprocate feelings he couldn't begin to comprehend.Lisabeth's gaze bore into him, her eyes searching for answers he couldn't give. "Don't you love me?" she asked, her voice tinged with vulnerability.Edward's heart clenched at her words, his own feelings a tangled mess of longing and confusion. He wanted to tell her everything—to pour out his heart and lay bare his soul. But the words caught in his throat, trapped by the fear of rejection and the scars of past traumas."I love you like crazy," Edward thought, his heart aching with the weight of unspoken truths. But he couldn't bring himself to say the words aloud, couldn't bear the thought of exposing his vulnerabilities to someone who might not understand.

In the end, all he could do was shake his head, a silent admission of defeat in the face of his own inner demons. 

"D-do you want something? Tea? Coffee?''He walked to the kitchen without waiting for her answer. He was not in the mood for a drink and a chat. His intention was to call Harry. Everything was so ridiculous...His plan was to call Harry and ask him to pick up Lisabeth, an idea that seemed increasingly appealing given the circumstances. However, as he reached for his mobile phone, he remembered that it was still broken from the previous night's events.With a sigh, Edward decided to use his home phone instead. Everybody in town had their home phone number written down on a post-it note. Of course, he had inherited it from his grandfather. As Edward dialed Harry's number, his mind was still reeling from the encounter with Lisabeth. He couldn't shake off the feeling of unease that lingered after their conversation. He hoped that Harry would arrive soon to pick her up, putting an end to the awkwardness of the situation. 

 After what felt like an eternity, Harry's voice crackled through the line, sounding slightly groggy as if he had just woken up."Hello?" Harry's voice was laced with sleepiness, but Edward didn't have time to exchange pleasantries."Hey, Harry, it's me, Edward," Edward spoke hurriedly, the urgency evident in his tone. "Listen, Lisabeth's here at my place, and I was hoping you could come and pick her up. She came with you, right?"There was a brief pause before Harry responded, his voice tinged with confusion. "What are you saying?"Edward's stomach dropped, a sinking feeling settling in as he struggled to process Harry's words. "Look, now's not a good time for a visit, and—""Lisabeth is right here with me," Harry interrupted, his voice carrying a note of bewilderment.Edward's grip on the phone faltered, the receiver slipping from his hand as shock washed over him. He stood frozen in place. 

Edward's heart raced as he turned to face the kitchen doorway, where Lisabeth stood. But to his horror, her features began to warp and contort, her face melting away like wax in a blazing fire. In its place emerged the sinister form of the shadow creature that had terrorized him the night before. Its eyes glowed with a malevolent light, and its grotesque form seemed to defy all reason and logic.Edward stumbled backward, his mind reeling with terror. He couldn't comprehend what he was seeing. Was this some kind of nightmare? He tried to scream, but no sound escaped his lips. The creature advanced slowly, its movements unnaturally fluid, as if it were gliding across the floor.As it drew closer, Edward felt a cold dread grip his heart. He knew he had to escape, but his body refused to move. He was paralyzed with fear, unable to tear his gaze away from the monstrous entity before him.