Chap. 1- The Letter

Emily POV:

Oh fuck.

Oh. Fuck.

I take the letter from the mailbox on the door, seeing a blue letter in the stack of bills and eviction notices. I looked at the front, seeing my name. The Chris McLean wax seal on the back confirms everything for me.

I run into the kitchen, and leap on top of the dining table, calling my mom over.

"Mom! Holy shit it's here!" I catch my breath, turning the envelope over and over, trying to make sure this isn't a dream.

Mom walked into the room, looking angry. "What did I say about swearing? And why are you sitting- holy crap it's here. Open it!" She walks towards the table faster, hovering around my hands as they carefully try to open the letter. My finger slides beneath the wax, carefully pulling the envelope open. I take the letter out, shaking. I open it, reading the words aloud from the page.

"TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN:

EMILY ZACHARELLIS has been ACCEPTED to be one of 23 (twenty-three) participants of TOTAL DRAMA ISLAND (2007) to fight for $100,000 USD. He/She must come to Maple Airport, and fly to Muskoka, Ontario. A flight ticket will be provided for ONE (1) round trip. Please pack appropriately, as contestants may be on the island for 3 days - 8 weeks.

*TO THOSE WHO LOSE THE COMPETITION: The team behind FreshTV has rented out a temporary hotel so those can stay if needed for challenges/competitions/comebacks throughout the show's run..."

The letter had more written in it and a place for me to sign again to confirm, but I would read it later. I set it onto the table and hugged my mom. We started cheering, almost crying. This could change our lives. I let go of her, smiles on both of our faces. This is only the start of the story, though. I had to win. I had to.

an- i think i cried 3 times in the time it took to finish this chapter. but its written! just now realized that i will be busy as hell until april, but ill write when i can. hopefully i finish before the fandom dies. im starting early though. get some rest and drink up bitches. -bunny