SNOW ANGEL

I'll make it through the winter if it kills me

I'll make it through the winter if it kills me ...

JUST after Holly Gilmore turned ten, her parents sat her down and told her that her daddy had cancer, and he was going to be in the hospital for a while, but everything was fine, and please don't worry. One conversation turned her life upside down.

Holly could draw a map of the hospital from memory. Its sterile white walls became home. She learned lots of useless medical jargon. She got on a first name basis with nurses, doctors and surgeons alike. She became good at lying to her parents, convincing them that she was absolutely fine.

Just after Holly turned fifteen, she watched Hugo Gilmore take his last breath. Just like that, it was all over. Everything Holly thought she knew about the world was shattered, and then shattered again.

Lucille Gilmore, her mother, was a wreck, whether she wanted to admit it or not. Planning a funeral, subject to endless pressure from her in-laws who wanted involvement in just about everything, while having to take care of her grieving child. Holly knew it was only a matter of time before she cracked.

After a month, Holly was sat down once again, and told that they would be moving to Stars Hollow, to be closer to their family. Their Aunt Lorelai and cousin Rory would be there, along with their grandparents. It would be a fresh start, she said.

Holly wasn't sure.

After three weeks in Stars Hollow, and two weeks at her new private school in Hartford, Holly's still sceptical. Especially when Lucille gets a phone call from her mother in law inviting them all to dinner at the Gilmore house on a Friday night.

I can make it faster if i hurry ...

abigail cowen as HOLLY GILMORE

jessica chastain as LUCY GILMORE

rest of the gilmore girls cast as their respective characters

I'll angel in the snow until I'm worthy ...

- I Wish — Reneé Rapp
- Soon You'll Get Better — Taylor Swift & The Chicks
- Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now — The Smiths
- Big Star - Lorde
- Snow Angel — Reneé Rapp
- Chinese Satellite — Phoebe Bridgers
- I Try — Macy Grey
- Everybody's Talkin' — The Beautiful South
- Father And Son — Yusuf & Cat Stevens
- If We Hold On Together — Diana Ross
- Landslide — Fleetwood Mac
- Long Long Time — Linda Ronstadt

But if it kills me, I tried.

a/n — hello and welcome xx

i started this fic bc my mum binge watched all 7 seasons of gilmore girls in like a week and it made me realise how much i love this little show! i was toying around with what to write about because i didn't want to just write another 'rory's sister' fic (no offence though i eat that shit up)

grief is a big part of my life - i haven't lost my dad, but my twin sister passed away just under two years ago, so i have a lot of experience in the department 🤪. the descriptions of grief in this book are drawn directly from my own experiences. and i hope that even if hugo (holly's dad) isn't technically in the book as a character u can still get to know him through holly <3

my goals with this book are 1) for it to be a healing experience for me and 2) for people reading this who have been through or are going through grief, no matter who that person is, to feel seen, and for it to be a reminder that it does get a little easier with time xx

hope you enjoy this book, as of when i'm writing this i've written the first 2 chapters and i'm alr in love. :)