“Do you think It would be efficient to exploit his and his sister’s heightened senses to subdue them if they ever tried to escape?” Dr. Rights asked her colleagues.

        “Maybe we could set some traps, but that's only assuming they can’t somehow adjust their senses at will.” Dr. Clef answered.

     Sam pointed towards another entry of the cafeteria, one that wasn't blown open. “There’s still more gunfire that way. If we’re quick enough maybe we could help the fighting security force.”

     “Alright, let's go.” Iris says.

     The two moved through the hallway quickly until they came across a fire fight between some Chaos Insurgents and some security personnel. The security personnel were pinned down inside a massive office room with the Chaos Insurgents firing at them from the hallway. The security personnel used steel tables as cover whilst the Chaos Insurgents used hard light shields. The hard light shields are roughly the size of the soldier holding it though it can be adjusted. The hard light is projected via a high tech device of unknown origin on their wrist. However powerful the hard light shields, they aren't full proof if the dead Insurgent bodies on the floor says anything. Said dead Insurgents have the same high tech device on their wrist.

      “Have the Insurgents always had those shields?” Dr. Rights asked.

      Clef remembered seeing them during a field op once so he was the only one that could answer her. “I’ve encountered them once before, but that was only recently. They might be recently developed. Well either that or they’ve had them for a lot longer and for whatever reason decided to wait until now to deploy them.”

       “I’d bet it's the first one. I doubt the Insurgents would wait this long to deploy them. They do love to flex their technological prowess.” Dr. Kondraki adds.

      On the other end of the hall behind the unsuspecting Insurgents are Sam and Iris who were peeking around the corner at the end of the hall. Iris raised her assault rifle to fire at the Insurgents but Sam stopped her.

       “Don’t shoot yet. The security team is on the other side of them and if we shoot we risk crossfire.” Sam says.

       “Then what should we do?” Iris asked. “We can't leave them.”

       Sam thought for a moment before answering. “Leave it to me.”

       Sam's solution was simple: summon some familiars to blindside the Insurgents. He knelt down and put his hands to the floor. A thick red fog emerged out from under his hands and spread around the floor beneath him. The fog took the shape of wolves and solidified creating eight gray wolves in total. Two for each Insurgent.

      “Have we seen him summon animals before?” Iris asked.

      “No, we’ve seen him density shift along with the normal powers you’d expect from a vampire, but no summoning until now.” Dr. Rights answers as she adds summoning to Sam’s list of powers in her notebook.

      “You can summon wolves?” Iris asked with a bit of fascination in her voice. Wolves were her favorite animal and it took a bit of her will power to resist petting them.

     “Not real wolves, they're familiars.” Sam answers before giving the wolves a single directive. “Sick em boys.”

     The wolves responded to the will of their creator and attacked the Chaos Insurgents. He didn't even need to show them who the enemy was, they instinctively knew, whoever Sam viewed as an enemy they did too. They rushed in and targeted the throats of the Insurgents, crushing them in their jaws. Once the bodies of the Insurgents went still, the wolves vanished, their purpose having been fulfilled.