Chapter 2: [A New Friend] (Extended)

I was at my grandparents' house with my family, we all decided to visit them for the end of the year holidays, it is an old family tradition, where most of the family members leave the capital of the province to travel to the town that is 159.8 km away. However, the distance did not matter, it was important to share, to enjoy the happiness and peace that this time of the year brings.That night, I was saying goodbye to my relatives, wishing them a good night while everyone was getting ready for bed. It had been a beautiful day and I even wished that the next one would be better.

However, that night my body acted involuntarily and violently, while my eyes were still closed and my soul felt the deepest peace it usually experiences in a deep sleep.Fortunately, my family did not stand idly by and rushed me to the hospital, where those present attended to me as best they could, even though the hospital did not have what was needed to help me.

Nevertheless, I was taken back to the capital.Once there, I was referred to another hospital, where I woke up the next day, with my mother by my side, as always.

During that eternal week, the doctors tried to explain what happened, but there was no more solid conclusion than: "it is just an isolated event". And in that week, my mother presented me with the proposal to pass me the phone number of that girl.

Considering what I was going through, I would clearly say yes, therefore, my mother shows me a picture of a long table, surrounded by men and women of different ages and among all those people, on one side was her. My mother points with her finger to show me more precisely who I would be talking to, but I wouldn't remember until much later.

Imagine what we talked about back then, they were very simple chats because they did not go beyond the typical: "How old are you", "what activities do you like to do", "some anecdotes", "jokes", etc.Some time later I was discharged and returned home, with the question of whether I would ever meet that girl in person, however the question disappeared from my mind over time, because I did not continue talking to her after that.