𝔽𝕒𝕜𝕖 𝔼𝕟𝕘𝕒𝕘𝕖𝕞𝕖𝕟𝕥 | Jilix

✴✶ 🎀 Start 🎀 ✶✴

In the heart of Seoul, amidst the bustling streets and gleaming skyscrapers, lived childhood friends Jisung and Felix. Their bond had weathered the test of time, evolving from high school sweethearts to the best of friends. However, Jisung found himself trapped in a dilemma that only Felix could help him with.

At thirty, Jisung was a successful businessman, but his parents' constant badgering about settling down and getting married was starting to wear on him. Desperate to appease them and ward off their relentless match-making attempts, he turned to Felix, his confidant since their teenage years.

One evening, as the sun dipped below the horizon, Jisung and Felix sat on the rooftop of their favorite café, the cityscape glittering below them. With a heavy heart, Jisung broached the topic that had been weighing on him.

"Felix, I need your help," Jisung began, his voice tinged with a mix of apprehension and hope.

Felix turned to his longtime friend, his eyes soft with concern. "What's wrong, Jisung? You know I'll do anything for you."

Jisung hesitated, then blurted out his plan. "I need us to fake an engagement."

Felix's eyebrows shot up in surprise, shock coloring his features. "An engagement? But why, Jisung?"

Jisung explained how his parents were pressuring him to settle down and how a fake engagement might buy him some time. "I thought of you, Felix. We're friends, there are no romantic feelings between us. It'll be perfect," Jisung reasoned.

Felix's heart clenched at the mere thought of pretending to be engaged to the man he had loved since they were teenagers. But he masked his true feelings with a smile and nodded. "I'll do it, Jisung. For you."

And so the stage was set for their elaborate ruse. They announced their engagement to Jisung's parents, who were overjoyed. The city buzzed with the news of their unexpected union, and Jisung and Felix found themselves at the center of attention.

As days turned into weeks, Jisung and Felix played their parts admirably. They attended events together, posed for countless photos, and even picked out rings. But beneath the facade of their charade, a storm brewed.

Unknown to Jisung, Felix had never truly moved on from their past. His feelings for Jisung had only grown stronger over the years, buried deep within his heart. And as they continued to play the part of a happy couple, Felix found it harder to suppress his emotions.

One fateful night, as they strolled through a moonlit park, the truth came to light. Felix couldn't hold back any longer. "Jisung, I can't do this anymore," he confessed, his voice laced with anguish.

Jisung stopped in his tracks, confusion clouding his features. "What do you mean, Felix?"

Felix took a deep breath, steeling himself for what he was about to reveal. "I never stopped loving you, Jisung. This engagement, it's tearing me apart."

Jisung stared at Felix, his heart pounding in his chest. The realization dawned on him, and he felt a torrent of emotions wash over him. Guilt, regret, and a glimmer of something he thought had long faded away.

As Felix poured his heart out, Jisung felt a surge of emotions he couldn't ignore. The walls he had built around his heart crumbled in an instant, revealing the long-buried feelings he had for Felix.

In the midst of the park, under the watchful gaze of the moon and stars, Jisung and Felix found themselves at a crossroads. The fake engagement that was meant to be a temporary solution had unearthed a love that had never truly died.

With tears glistening in their eyes, Jisung reached out and took Felix's hand. "I'm sorry, Felix. I didn't realize... I didn't know."

Felix gazed into Jisung's eyes, his own shimmering with unshed tears. "It's okay, Jisung. We'll figure this out together."

And in that moment, amidst the rustling leaves and the soft glow of the moon, Jisung and Felix embraced their true feelings, letting go of the pretense and embracing the love that had always been between them.

As they walked back hand in hand, the weight of their burden lifted, replaced by a newfound hope and a promise of a future they would face together, as more than just friends, but as two souls entwined by a love that had weathered the test of time.

✴✶ 🎀 End 🎀 ✶✴