3. Clarrisse

The next morning Alya made her way towards the town. Some townspeople saw her but didn't alert the king; they knew she would free them from his rule.

Since she would be in the town for two days she bought some food for the trip. Alya was walking around the town looking for stuff she might need when people started to yell. She asked someone what was going on and they answered with a frightened tone, "Guards."

Alya knew why they were here, they were looking for her! She looked around, but knew there was no way she would not get caught. All of the sudden she hears a lady's voice saying, "You're the princess, come to my house I'll hide you."

Alya responds saying, "I couldn't thank you enough, miss, uh-, what's your name?"

The lady answered, "My name is Clarrisse, princess."

Clarisse leads Alya towards her house and hides her in there. A soldier knocks on the door of the house, Clarrisse whispered to Alya, "Stay there I'll get rid of 'em." Alya hides in the closet while Clarrisse opened the door. You could hear a conversation between the two, then it's quite. Alya was leaning on the door trying to hear when the door of the closet opens, Alya almost falls out of the closet, but stops herself from tripping. When she looks up to see who it is, she is releaved to see that it was only Clarisse.

"Princess, they won't come again." Clarisse smiles.

Alya takes a deep sigh, "How'd you get rid of him?"

"Well, when I opened the door I was nervous, but I realized he was a Keturah guard, I -"

Clarrisse was about to finish her story when Alya interrupts, "Wait a Keturah guard?"

"Yeah, part of Keturah still remains in the castle, including some guards." Clarrisse answers.

"What happened to the rest of the guards?" Alya asks as she sits in a living room chair.

"He killed them, princess," Clarrisse says trying to stay positive.

Alya stays silent for a moment before saying, "Please, call me Alya."

Clarrisse is surprised she didn't think she could call royalty by their first name, but she puts a smile on and nods her head. Clarrisse gets up and walks towards the kitchen, "So what are you doing, would you like something to drink, you know out of the castle?"

"Water, please, and my fifteenth birthday was yesterday, I had a big party. I didn't want the party, but there were some ladies there that were talking about some stuff when I asked," Alya stays quiet for a moment before saying, "wait you were one of those ladies weren't you?"

Clarrisse put her head down and smiles, "Yes."

"Ok, well, anyway, when I asked you and some ladies well you told me the truth, and now I want to free my kingdom, and all of Salvador."

Clarrisse hands Alya a cup of water and says, "Don't promise anyone anything."

"What, why?" Alya asks after taking sip of her water.

"When someone, in the royal family, promises something, they can't break it in the next ten years." Clarisse says while pouring another glass of water.

"What happens if they break it?" Alya asks while scooting to the edge of the chair.

Alya takes a sip of her water and Clarisse answers, "They die,"

Alya spits out the water in her mouth and yells, "They what!?"

"They-,"

"Yeah, I know, I know they die, but why?" Alya stands up.

"Well, it's a curse given by Rajani's great great grandfather, every royal family has the curse." Clarrisse takes out two sandwiches.

"Why only the royal families?" Alya asks, while grabbing the sandwich Clarrisse had offered her. Clarrisse takes a bite out of the sandwich and shrugs.

That night Alya slept at Clarisse's house, she made sure to wake up before dawn. In the morning Alya was getting breakfast when she saw someone selling a horse, she new she would get away quicker if the guards came, if she had that horse. Alya bought the horse and named it Prince. By mid-day she had been out of Keturah she was now in Whisperwood.

Whisperwood is a kingdom that's made of forest, there is a small town, and the rest is just small cabins and woods. Alya stayed on the forest side of Whisperwood in order to not het in the way of anyone. By sunset she had found a river and decided to set up camp there. Alya was still too close for the guards to find her, so she planned to travel farther tomorrow.

 Alya was still too close for the guards to find her, so she planned to travel farther tomorrow

Well I don't have to say much of this chapter 😁.