Fate

Abhyudaya Mohan as Aryan 

Gautami Kawale as Zara

________________

The sun was about to set on the western horizon. The sky was now a palette of red, yellow and orange across the vast blue canvas, with occasional clouds around the setting crimson disk between the hills of the Aravallis.

Lake Pichola reflected the colours of the sky, on itself like a mirror. The boats rowed on it. Tourists, artists, photographers, honeymoon couples... enjoying the beauty and serenity of the sunset.

Further, eastward somewhere up near Bhilwara, the waterfalls reflected the colour of the red sky as though blood streamed down to the pool below.

The gentle breeze blew sweeping aside the unmanned hair from the face of the lone being that stood there, watching the water create ripples on the pool and reflect the sky. The Bhimlat was quiet, except for the turbulence of her heart and the waterfall.

Do you still remember the sunsets?

"Do you remember how you loved the sunsets?"

He smiled watching the sun ready to go home for the day, from the private boat he was sitting in the Pichola.

"Do you remember how you used to say, You love darkness, the uncertainties, the sky with the thousand stars..."

"Do you still hate the darkness?" She wondered staring at the crystal clear waters of the Bhimlat.

"Do you still fear uncertainties?"

"You always smiled at sunsets with Hope. And I, at you."

He smiled unmindfully.

"You always feared darkness; you feared getting lost in it someday."

"Isn't that why I always called you the Light of my Life?"

"And I always called you my Sunshine!"

She looked up at the bright red clouds. They looked as if someone had coloured them wrong on the canvas.

The red was moving fast between the hills. Now He could see only half of it.

"Perhaps this is the colour you would
have worn that day, Isn't it?"

"Perhaps this is the colour you would have filled my hairline with?"

She breathed in deeply trying not to let the heavy heart affect her tear glands.

"I hate it now; It hurts my eyes, all I can see is blood and wounds."

"I love it because it reminds me of the heart, where you reside." He sighed.

"You always said, every great story didn't always deserve a happy ending. Is that why we didn't make it Aryan?"

"You always assumed happy endings were the eternal truth of every Love. What about the love that couldn't fight society? Was it no Love Zara?"

"Love is not true until you fight for it, Aryan. You were a fighter. I thought you would..."

"I thought you knew my soul like a mirror reads a face Zara. I never said we won't. I said not now."

"I was wrong."

The sky was a shade darker now like someone had just added a colour tint of midnight blue to it, slowly the sunlight was fading away, giving the clouds back their original grey.