"When I was a kid, some asshole snatched it from me and threw it up there. Sometimes, I'd come out here at night and stare it, hoping the wind or a bird might knock it down."

She sighed and looked over at the kids. Alastor was giving her a soft smile, and Powder was looking at her expectantly. "We all have bad days," she continued. "But we learn, and family sticks together." Powder smiled as Alastor's widened. Then Powder remembered something.

"Oh!" She pulled out three crystals as Alastor pulled out three more. "These were from the apartment," Powder said. "What are they?" Vi asked. "We don't know. Should we tell Vander?" Alastor asked.

"No!" Vi exclaimed, startling the kids. Vi softened and added, "Let's keep this between us." She then stood up and looked out at the city. "Someday, this city is going to respect us." Powder and Alastor exchanged glances with smiles, silently agreeing with Vi.

......................................................................

The next day, the kids were in the arcade. Vi was training with the machine, Powder was fixing the shooting range as Mylo messed with a ball gun, and Claggor and Alastor were talking. "You know, why do we even bother with this dump? I mean, the damn games barely work," Mylo said.

"What's wrong, Mylo? You afraid that Powder and Alastor are going to beat you again?" Claggor teased. Mylo scoffed. "No, I'm not."

"Yes, you are," Alastor replied in a sing-song voice. "Shut up, creep." Suddenly, Powder jumped up from behind the stall, startling Mylo. Alastor chuckled as Powder connected the cords, starting the range up. Powder hopped over the stall with two ball guns as Alastor walked over. She handed one to him as Vi asked, "You know I wouldn't take you guys out on a job you can't handle, right?"

"We know. Besides, that job was perfect. Maybe, just don't bring Alastor and Powder next time," Mylo replied as he shot at the targets but missed each shot. The kids glared at him as they loaded balls in their guns. They then aimed their guns and effortlessly hit every target. As they did, Mylo swallowed hard. Sometimes, he forgot how talented they were when it came to shooting.

After they were done, Alastor gave Mylo a smug grin as Powder made a face at him. Powder walked over to the arcade game and started messing with the controls. Her eyes drifted to the window and was surprised to see Enforcers talking to (more like threatening) a man. "Hey, guys, you should see this."

Before anyone could respond, the man got thrown through the window, startling everyone. The Enforcers spotted the group and entered through the broken window. Alastor pulled Powder behind him in a protective manner as an Enforcer ordered, "Search them."

"You idiots are wasting your time. We've got nothing on us," Mylo stated, holding his hands up as if to surrender. Powder instinctively placed a hand on her pouch where the crystals were. Vi realized this and acted quickly.

She grabbed on of the punching plates off the machine and threw it at the Enforcer about to search the kids. It hit him in the head, knocking him unconscious. Using the distraction, Claggor turned off the lights, and the group managed to get out of the building with the Enforcers hot on their tail.

They ran into an alley but quickly realized it was a dead-end. Right when they started to panic, Ekko lowered a ladder from his ledge. "Guys, come on! Hurry!" The group wasted no time climbing up the ladder as the Enforcers closed in. An Enforcer tried to climb the ladder after them, but Vi, who was the last one up there, kicked the ladder off the ledge, causing it to fall on top of him.

"Is everyone okay?" Vi asked. Everyone nodded. "Good." She turned to Alastor and Powder and whispered, "We need to hide those crystals."

"Yeah, no shit," Powder replied. They went home with Ekko. When they got there, people were arguing with Vander. "We need to fight back! We need to show those fuckers not to mess with the Lanes!" someone exclaimed. "We've crossed that bridge before, and we all know how that ended," Vander stated calmly.