Baby Steps

The night before they had talked to each other till mid night, so the follow  request from Sara was not out of the blue, he was quick to accept the request and send a follow request of his own, to her personal profile.

He had to head to practice  after that, which was straining  as usual. It was only after mid day, he got the chance to check his phone and there it was, the notification.

"Sara_thisside has accepted your follow request"

He clicked the notification,  to reach his home page and found that she had even texted him from her private account. What surprised  him was the account had only fifty followers. It was just her friends  and family. This made him feel giddy all of a sudden. He was not the only one who had felt the connection.

Sara: How's the practice going, Shub? Kitne chakke lagaye 😂

Shubman: Tum btao subha se Kitno k chakke chudaye 😂

Sara: tana mar rhe ho, itni khatarnak lagti hu kya mai

Shubman: khatarnak to ho, Kal you challenged to stump out me, and you slapped that guy

Sara: aree utni khurafati kahan, subha se Padhy ki h bas and Arjun ko console Kar rhi hu, he's sad match Har gye, tum btao next Kab h match tumlogo ka, Kitna din ruk rhe ho Mumbai me

Shubman: Bas ye match h Delhi walon k sath, usme Jeet gye to direct entry into semi-finals. Phir finals, Jo ki Chennai me hona h. Mumbai se aj hi Nikal jayenge Delhi k liye, do din baad hi match h.

Sara: oh, itni jaldi.

Shubman: Thora busy schedule  h ik. Tumhe to pta hoga, tumhari puri family cricketers  ki h.

Sara: yeah, if you put it that way, I should  have been adjusted  to people leaving  by now. But I  don't know it still hurts, every freaking  time, dad or Arjun leave. Or I myself  leave for college.

Shubman: Tum Kab niklogi college k liye?

Sara: My winter break is about to end, so I'll probably  fly to London by the end of the week.

Shubman: Dekha Tum bhi jaldi Nikl rhi ho and country hi chor k jaa rhi ho, aur mujhe bol rhi ho ki mai jaldi jaa rha hu, ye Sara ka Sara  hypocrisy  h 😂

Sara: Compete karna h tumko Har jagh 😂

Shubman: Chalo mai jata hu Shower k liye, phir afternoon practice  h.

Saying  this shubman closed his phone. He turned around just to find Abhishek looking  at him, his arms crossed infront  of his chest, his lips in a smirk.

"Shak to mujhe Kal raat ko hi ho gya Tha, kon h ye, jiske liye kalse light bulb ki tarh muskuraye jaa rha h" he raised an eyebrow.

"Dost h bas yrr- bas dost h-" Shubman asserted looking  at him.

"Matlab koi h!" Abhishek  clasped his shoulder and laughed like a maniac, "aee Ritwik, mai bet Jeet gya, shub ne koi pta li h" he shouted  out.

"Nikal 500!" He continued  laughing.

Ritwik, who was still in the field,  came running to Shubman and looked at him in the eye, "ek din me kisi ko pta liya, wo bhi Shubhi ne?"

"Mai nhi manta, kya proof h? And baat Sara ko ptane ki hui thi" he fake whined.

Shubman was taken by surprise as Abhishek snatched his phone out his hand and ran towards the field.

Shubman was quick to run after him.
"Catch Ritwik" was all he heard, before his phone was thrown to Ritwik.