【𝐒】𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐄𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

Start from the beginning

"Of course, I won't be long." You reassured him and grinned rather widely. "I'll be back before you know it."

Deuce felt himself smile back, softly. "Good. I'll see you, then."

He waved his hand as you waved back, watching Deuce's retreating figure before he disappeared into a corner. You heaved a sigh and turned into the other direction, to the Headmaster's office. Walking your way to the courtyard.

You found it relaxing somehow just walking by yourself. Students walked by pass you without a single glance, some were talking and some were laughing for up and about. The sun was shining bright above and there were no clouds, just an average daily weather.

You can't exactly recall the times that you have been alone while walking through campus. You've only been alone when you're at Ramshackle, strolling around the dorm during the night or reading books in the lounge area with a lamp aside.

The courtyard exit is far before you and you almost make a run for it when you hear birds nearby chirping, and leaves oddly rustling. You turned to the source of the sound, where the large apple tree that displayed in the middle of the area. The noises you heard seem to be hidden behind the tree.

Therefore, out of pure curiosity, you walked behind it with a tilted head and your hand clutching the strap of your bag tightly. Your eyes widened, sparkling in awe of the sight.

There were small, adorable critters chirping happily in anticipation and you noticed that they were surrounding a person who leaned on the tree trunk, unmoving.

"Is he dead..?" You muttered to yourself. Though you noticed the small heaves of his chest, and you almost sigh out loud in relief.

Somewhat glad of the thought that you didn't encounter a dead person, instead just a sleeping one. How odd.

"But who sleeps in the courtyard? Under a blazing sun, at that..?" You whispered, worried.

As you looked closely, you noticed that the person had the color of silver hair, long eyelashes and a face soft as snow. Though, you couldn't shake your concern when the bright sun had hit his face.

You approached the sleeping person slowly and leaned downward with a slight crouch to block enough sunlight out of his face. Your two fingers placed itself on the stranger's forehead, giving it a soft nudge once or twice. He didn't budge though so you gave another nudge again. But this time you tapped thrice with evident force.

Then you heard a low groan, and a pair of soft eyelids opened. It surprised you for a brief moment when a pair of sapphire eyes stared into yours. Your heart skipped that it almost leaped out from your chest as those eyes widened at you.

"Did I... fell asleep again?"

Surprised when he spoke, you nodded slowly and then a chuckle followed soon after. Your shock was already long forgotten.

There was a sincere smile on your lips. "I'm really sorry for waking you. You looked really peaceful but the sun looked like it was burning your skin."

"It's alright... Ah, is it lunchtime already?" The stranger asks and stares at your eyes once more, his voice soft and raspy.

"Oh, yes. The bell already rang so..." You trailed off.