2. Escape

After the party, Alya starts packing her stuff. She knows that if she wants to know the truth she can't be stuck in the castle. All of the sudden she hears a knock on the door, she quickly hides all of her stuff. She opens the door slightly revealing only her face to see who it is, "Father, hey!"

"Darling, I came to see you," Rajani says with a little bit of a nervous tone in his voice, "and to give you this." Rajani hands her a small white box with golden details.

Alya grabs the box out of his hand and sits on her bed, she opens the box to reveal a beautiful necklace with emeralds, she quietly says, "Thank you." She had never seen anything like this before, it was beautiful, the way it shone when put towards light, it was, unique.

Rajani sees that she is memorized by the necklace and quickly says, "It was your mother's."

A tear drops from Alya's face, she doesn't know if it because of happiness or sadness, all she knows is she couldn't waste any time.

Rajani was about to leave when Alya all of the sudden says, "What was her name?"

Rajani turns towards Alya with a smile he says, "Everette." He turns and leaves saying nothing else.

Alya quickly starts putting her stuff in a bag, when out of nowhere someone says, "Whatcha up to?" Alya gasps, and turns quickly to see Carter and Walter at the doorway of her room. Walter says with a serious tone in his voice, "No, seriously what are you doing?"

Alya answers saying, "I found something out tonight, and I want to find out the truth."

"What did you learn?" Walter asks as he sits on a chair in her room.

Carter sees Alya is nervous and says, "Look, I brought you here so you could help, not ask questions."

"Why do you think I could help?" Walter says calmly.

"You've escaped before haven't you?" Carter says in a mysterious tone.

"Only to the yard," Walter responds nervously and quickly.

Carter is quiet for a minute before saying with a grin, "So you can help."

Walter shakes his head, yes, and Alya looks at Walter surprised.

After finishing up packing, Carter helps Walter tie a rope to Alya's window sill, they first get the backpack down safely and quietly, after that they help Alya down. From now on she was on her own. Alya was nervous, yet excited she had only been out of the castle walls twice, both times to go to another castle.

Alya came across quite a few guards, but the guards actually helped her. They knew they had to help when Alya explained why she was leaving. Once they heard her say that she was going to try and free the kingdoms they agreed. Alya had made it out of the castle grounds in fifteen minutes. From now on she was no longer under Rajani's control.

 From now on she was no longer under Rajani's control

I did not want to write this chapter it's more of a boring one, but it's of importance 😄.