𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐲

Start from the beginning

"I need to have a quick chat with my mom." My hand gently brushes against her back as I try to assure her that I'll return soon. Despite my attempts to soothe her, she clings onto me with a mix of fear and desperation.

 "I promise I'll be back in a moment, sweetheart," I murmur, sensing her reluctance to let me go. 

"What if I go get Gracie to stay with you?" I suggest, hoping to ease her distress. However, her response is filled with tears and refusal.

 "Just give me a minute, hun, I'll be back before you know it," I assure her before reluctantly detaching myself from Rain's embrace. Her cries grow louder as I plant a tender kiss on her head before rushing to find Gracie, hoping she can provide the comfort that Rain needs in this moment.

Approaching Gracie with a sense of urgency, I tap her shoulder gently, seeking her assistance. "Hey, would you mind staying with Rain while I have a quick chat with my mom?" I ask, trying to convey the urgency of the situation. Without hesitation, Gracie responds with a reassuring 

"Of course!" and hastens to Rain's side. Despite the urge to rush back to Rain's side, her anguished cries reaching my ears at a distance, I realize the importance of the conversation I need to have with my mom.

As I finally reach my mom, the weight of the situation bearing down on me, I pour out my heart to her in a rush of emotions.

 "Mom," I begin, the words tumbling out in a mix of fear and helplessness, "She just won't stop crying, and I don't know how to help her. It's tearing me apart, seeing her in such pain. I feel so helpless, so scared for her. What should I do to make it better?" Tears welling up in my eyes as I seek guidance from the person I trust the most.

In that moment, my mom's comforting words are like a balm to my wounded soul. She listens patiently, offering reassurance and wisdom.

 "It's okay, Taylor," she consoles, "What she went through was terrible, and it's natural to feel overwhelmed. You have a kind heart, and just being there for her is the best thing you can do. Healing takes time, but with your support, Rain will find her way back to peace." Her words comfort me, and as I gaze back at Rain, Gracie's presence offering solace during my absence.Turning to my mom with gratitude in my eyes, I thank her for her words of wisdom and give her a quick hug before nodding at Gracie to release Rain. As Rain hurtles towards me, her cries now mixed with relief and longing, I know that my presence by her side is the greatest comfort I can offer in her time of need.

"Rain, how about we get you in some clothes and head home?" I ask her, running my fingers through her hair. She looks up at me from my chest and says,

 "I don't want to wear those clothes," as tears stream down her face.

 "That's okay, sweetie," I reply, trying to soothe her distress. "What about your comfy sweatpants and a cozy Eras tour sweater? Would that be better?" Her head nods against my chest, indicating her agreement. "Great, let's go then," I say, taking Rain's hand and guiding her to my dressing room.

"Austin!" I call out, pausing in my tracks before turning back. 

"Yeah?" he responds from the distance. 

"Could you please fetch Rain's sweatpants and a Eras tour hoodie for her and bring them to my dressing room?" I request. With a thumbs-up gesture, Austin acknowledges the task and heads off to retrieve the items. In the dressing room, I help Rain settle into a chair.

"May I take a look at your cuts, sweetheart?" I inquire gently, kneeling down beside her. She nods hesitantly, a mix of fear and trust in her eyes. "Just let me know if it's too much, okay?" I assure her. Carefully lifting the edge of the towel, I examine her legs. The sight of numerous bruises on her delicate thighs saddens my heart. Finishing the examination, I notice a cluster of red marks on the inside of her legs, which causes Rain to sob uncontrollably.

 "It's okay, my dear, we'll clean these up," I comfort her, pulling her into a warm hug.

I hear a gentle knock on the wooden door, breaking the stillness of the room. Reacting instinctively, I motion for Rain to step back before reaching out to turn the doorknob. As the door swings open, my eyes meet Austin's familiar face, holding a bundle of clothes in his hands. A genuine smile spreads across my face as I express my gratitude to him, accepting the neatly folded garments with appreciation.

"Thank you so much," I utter sincerely, the warmth of his gesture not going unnoticed.

"Of course," Austin responds, his voice filled with kindness and reassurance. Closing the door behind him, I shift my focus back to Rain, who stands before me with a delicate vulnerability. "Let's get you dressed," I gently coax, acknowledging her trembling form as she moves towards me.

With careful tenderness, I help her out of the towel she clings to, placing it thoughtfully on the nearby chair. I reach for the soft sweater, sliding it over her slender shoulders, marveling at how it envelops her in comfort. Next, I pick up the sweatpants, opening them for her with patience. Rain, seeking stability, leans into me for support as she steps into the clothing, one foot at a time.

Guiding the fabric up her legs, I tuck it securely around her waist, ensuring she is snugly dressed. Despite the layers protecting her, Rain's emotions overflow, and she clings to me once more, tears streaming down her cheeks. 

"Hey, let's go back to the hotel," I suggest, gently detaching from her embrace. Cupping her tear-streaked face in my hands, I offer her solace and understanding, wordlessly wiping away the droplets that linger, becoming a comforting presence in her time of need. 

"Can I change into my sweats? Than we can hop in the car," I softly ask her, running my fibgers through her soft hair She gebtly nods her head agaisnt me and pulls back from the hug, sitting back on the chair. Her sobs have slightly subsided, leaving her to still be crying, but not nearly as harsh.

I have known Rain for awhile now and I have gotten very comfortable with her. And since she has changed infront of me many times, in not uncomfortable undressing with her in the room. I have been in my midnights bodysuit this whole time and its getting very itchy and annoying.

"Ray, can you please unzip me?" I ask her softly. Slowly, she stands up from the chair and makes her way over to me, unzipping me from the bodysuit. She turns around and curls back into the chair instantly after."Thank you hun."

I quickly change into my sweatpants and sweatshirt, looking at Rain every now and then to make sure she's doing ok. After I slip my sweater on, I grab my purse and sunglasses, walking up to Rain.

"Ready?" I ash her, holding out my hand. She hesitated for a moment before taking it and getting up from the chair. I rub my thumb over her soft knuckles in reassurance before opening the dressing room door, leading us out. As we walk through the stadium and I say my last goodbyes to my dancers and tech crew, I can't help but feel my heart break a little more when I hear Rains sobs. The closer we get to the car, the closer Rain gets to me. She's so close to me right now I'm afraid she might trip me. Luckily, before she has the chance to, we make it to the car that Luis is waiting for us in. I release Rains hand to open the door for me and help her in the backseat

"Hey Luis, Rain has had a bit of a tough night so can I sit in the back with her?" I ask him before getting in. I am almost always in the front with him, no specific reason, I just always happen to be. And I also needed to clarify why Rain was hysterical.

" Of course Taylor, you don't need to ask me." He genuinely says. I thank him while climbing into the back next to Rain, buckling my seatbelt. As soon as Rain sensed that I had settled in, she curled up against me, placing her head in my chest. I wrap my arm around her small figure and place a tender kiss on her head.

Hey guys sorry about the slow updates! I will probably not update tmrw because I have a busy day. But def Tuesday (assuming I don't have dance)