𝐈 𝐡𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐦𝐲 𝐫𝐞𝐟𝐥𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧

"Ok bye!" I say to Kiara and Sasha, walking out of the bathroom with them. I stride over to Taylor who is still engaged in conversation with Sasha's mom. Mindful not to interrupt their interaction, I approach Taylor and casually lean against her side, silently feeling the comfort of her presence. I can't help but notice how her arm securely wraps around me. With a warm smile, Taylor bids farewell to Sasha's mom. Then, turning her attention towards me, she says,

 "Ready to go? Sorry I kept you waiting."

As a gentle breeze brushes over us, I softly confess, "I'm cold," seeking comfort in her embrace, I nestle myself against her chest, hoping to absorb some much-needed warmth. Wearing a reassuring expression, Taylor reassures me, 

"I have a sweater for you," her soothing touch gliding across my back. "Let's leave this buzzing place and I'll give you the sweater in the car. Do you have your bag?" Eagerly responding in agreement, I nod affirmatively, my head barely leaving her chest. 

Taylor opens the car door for me, lending a helping hand as she assists in buckling me up securely. Despite being thirteen, Taylor treats me with unwavering care and affection, almost as if I were a much younger child. Taking her position behind the wheel, she starts the car.  But before we even move an inch, Taylor reaches into the backseat, grabbing the sweater to ward off the cold.

"Thank you," I say warmly to Taylor. As I slide it over my body, I immediately feel a warmth envelope me. The soft fabric carries a faint scent of Taylor's presence, which only enhances my comfort.

"Ok, you ready for the best night ever?" She asks, her eyes focused on the road ahead. I can't help but smile in response.

"Yes!" I exclaim.

With the evening still young, Taylor suggests making the most of our time together by planning a fun-filled evening. "What should we do first?" she ponders, glancing at the clock. "It's around 6:10 right now, so how about you shower and get ready while we think of the ways to spend our time."

Agreeing with her sensible suggestion, I nod eagerly. "Can we watch a movie inside a fort!" I suggest with uncontainable enthusiasm. The idea of creating a cozy fort and enjoying a movie night within its walls seems like the perfect way to make memories.

"Ok!" Taylor responds, matching my excitement. Her willingness to embrace my ideas only amplifies my anticipation for the incredible night that lies ahead.

We pull into the driveway after a long day of dancing, the car coming to a gentle stop as Taylor hops out. I quickly unbuckle my seatbelt and gather my dance bag, ensuring I have everything before closing the car door behind me. We make our way to the front door, where Taylor unlocks it.

"Ok, want to go shower now?" Taylor's voice breaks the silence as we step into the familiar surroundings of the kitchen. I follow her lead and find myself sitting on a counter stool. But there's something pressing on my mind, something I've been keeping from Taylor for too long.

"Actually, can I talk to you about something?" I finally muster the courage to address the issue that has been weighing me down. Taylor's face softens immediately.

"Of course, always. What's wrong?" Taylor says as she sets down her keys and bag on the counter, fully present and ready to listen. With a deep breath, I begin to unravel the tangled mess of emotions that have been keeping inside me.

"I've been holding onto this for a while now. Harper said some really hurtful things about me to Lilah, and I haven't been able to shake it off. I couldn't tell Mom because I knew she'd blame me, and I didn't want to burden you, but it's been eating away at me," I confess, the words spilling out in a rush.